JW/JP era settings question

Hello Frontier, I'd like to know, why did you decide to not add the new JP buildings, and cosmetics to the JW sandbox/challenge mode (if this is a final decision), and separating them instead ?. It is because of technical reasons, or something else? I´m very concerned about this, because the I´ve seen the new buildings desings, posted from the exclusive yt gameplays yesterday, and I think they look awesome, we even get decorations, how awesome is that!!! That´s why the fact, we´re getting them separated into eras makes me a bit sad and less exicted about the new dlc, I get the point that JW and JP have different designs and styles, but people were asking for decorations and more creative freedom, when it´s about builidng your park, and I honestly think, this is the opposite way. I really would like to use the new fences style for JW, as well as the signals, recreating the TLW worker village with the JW operations building and the new JP buildings, etc. I really hope you can reconsider this decision, and letting us, create our park as we want.

What about the redwoods? Or the signposts, ground lights, dino signs? If I buy the DLC can I use them in my current JW parks? Or is it just cosmetic genes that transfer from one continually to the next?

No you can't mix the buildings. I don't know about the lights and signs. I don't see why you couldn't use the dinosaur signs. But they were only seen in JP and in JP promotional material. The signs like the one for the dock and so on will probably be JP era only.

You should wait and see what the DLC is like. Also if you want to use the JP buildings you can always just do a JP park build. Maybe frontier will allow mixing of the different styles in a future update.

You can use all the dinosaurs in whatever park you decide to build though. Also the I heard the aviary can be used in a JW park build.

I know right? We go back to build the park after the disaster of JP 1 or 2 and after 20 years we lose the buildings, signs, and lights in JW? Yet they were all in the park post-1993. It makes no sense.

Also if you want to use the JP buildings you can always just do a JP park build.
That's not the problem... it never was the problem... the problem is that instead of giving us the freedom to build what we want we are being forced to choose one set of building aesthetics or the other; we can't use both. It's just more needless restrictions in a game that begs for creative freedom.

Which in turn also implies opening it up for modding. Sometimes developers love self sabotaging.

JWE uses intellectual property that belongs to Universal. That's why there is no modding.

That's not the problem... it never was the problem... the problem is that instead of giving us the freedom to build what we want we are being forced to choose one set of building aesthetics or the other; we can't use both. It's just more needless restrictions in a game that begs for creative freedom.

It will probably be changed later on. Right now we are getting the DLC.

No such qualms with Operation genesis tho. So I think fault is on both sides.
JPOG was also a game that was created like 16 years ago when modding games wasn't done anywhere near as much as what it is today. Much of the modding break-throughs JPOG has seen didn't occur until years later, and it wasn't until fairly recently that people were even able to get new models into the game. I don't think the devs of JPOG intentionally allowed for modding, it very likely was just built with whatever securities the they thought it needed to prevent tampering at the time (which was basically none). It took time for people to crack into that game, just as it does for pretty much any other that doesn't intentionally allow for modding.

Last edited:
JPOG was also a game that was created like 16 years ago when modding games wasn't done anywhere near as much as what it is today. Much of the modding break-throughs JPOG has seen didn't occur until years later, and it wasn't until fairly recently that people were even able to get new models into the game. I don't think the devs of JPOG intentionally allowed for modding, it very likely was just built with whatever securities the they thought it needed to prevent tampering at the time. It took time for people to crack into that game, just as it does for pretty much any other that doesn't intentionally allow for modding.

It was actually built with openly readable and moddable files. I know, I did that.

It was actually built with openly readable and moddable files. I know, I did that.
And yet it still took 10+ years just to import new models and such. I faffed around with .ini edits and hex editing myself, and even still I don't think they intentionally did it that way to make JPOG moddable like it is now. People just didn't mod games so extensively back then like they do now.

And yet it still took 10+ years just to import new models and such. I faffed around with .ini edits and hex editing myself, and even still I don't think they intentionally did it that way to make JPOG moddable like it is now. People just didn't mod games so extensively back then like they do now.

One step at a time. Asset importing is usually more difficult than replacing.

Top Bottom