JWE 2

I mean, so what? It's not like Frontier hasn't been adding tons of content to JWE2 for free already.
Difference being is a more than likely addition to Chaos Mode for JWD. Animals, features, decorations, missions and possibly addition to the campaign. Which makes me think more of a paid DLC but will have to await the official word.

If a free update was to come. It would probably be with bug fixes and such at the same time.

Difference being is a more than likely addition to Chaos Mode for JWD. Animals, features, decorations, missions and possibly addition to the campaign. Which makes me think more of a paid DLC but will have to await the official word.

If a free update was to come. It would probably be with bug fixes and such at the same time.
When it comes to anything related to Jurassic World: Dominion, one would suspect new dinosaur species, new dinosaur variants for existing ones, and new maps to both Chaos Theory (set in an alternate scenario of something like the others) and maybe Challenge mode (for locations that do appear in Dominion that the CT mode wouldn't have). Campaign I doubt because of what I shared earlier on what approach Frontier aimed for it, unless there is something that takes place after Dominion and not before or during that movie.

Tbf though, we've had all that added in free updates already as well, be it JWE, PZ or PC so it's really not that far off to expect a Dominion update to be free as well. Especially considering that it's very likely those things were planned for release already but got cut when the movie got pushed back due to Covid, so they could avoid spoilers.

Which is why I'm leaning more towards free update as well. Or maybe even a split approach with new CT, maps and maybe some variants for existing dinos being in a free update and more additional species being a paid dlc. But I don't really see it coming as one huge dlc either. In the end we'll just have to wait and see.

I expect any Dominion update to be a free update, likely no more content then the CC paid dlc (not including the content in the free update alongside the cc dlc, important to separate the two) much like JWE 1's Fallen kingdom update.

I admit Frontier getting so many highly requested sandbox stuff out in one big update definitely frees up their time and resources to focus on maybe one more big update, possibly going towards other modes instead this time. But time will tell, and I'm not expecting a new chaos theory map at all.
I sit on my hill of wanting more visual options for the guest amenities. Options that change what a section looks like (in the windows, signs, structural and outside decs)

Last edited:
Hey, does the Scorpios Rex have an introduction commentary when you first incubate it on a map, like the other dinosaurs and reptiles do?
I can't seem to get a comment to trigger so wasn't sure.

I'll let the devs know, in case there's a bug. Thanks for letting us know :)
Thankyou Jens, I still haven't heard any commentary upon releasing one. Tried a few sandbox maps as I'm not sure if it can be hatched away from sandbox in an easy manner to check. Monolophosaurus comment was fine though. Tour guide commentary works fine, haven't been skipped on that one, just no Scorpios Rex first incubation release comments.

Top Bottom