Ships Krait II Thargoid build in progress, Engineering shields

The Krait II Thargoid build is in progress, am wondering how to improve my shield numbers. Also, would you suggestr the two MC's or Rail Guns ?
Planning for first Thargoid incursion, Scouts first.

Last edited:
It sort of depends for me on where your AX hunting will take place. In NHSS, at least the low-level threat 3 and 4, it won't matter much how your shields are done since you'll have plenty of time to recover while you find another NHSS. For higher threat NHSS and for AX CZs though I think the common wisdom is bi-weave for recharge rate. Resistances mean nothing in AX combat. My AX ships use fast-charge bi-weaves with heavy-duty E boosters.

My AX Krait uses a reinforced bi-weave with fast charge plus three heavy-duty E boosters with super capacitors (fourth utility is Xeno scanner). This results in 989 raw mj and 1:48 recovery and 2:04 recharge.

You can have a max of four AX weapons, so you only need a weapon for the fifth hardpoint. Doesn't really matter what you choose, the AX multi-cannons will do all the heavy lifting. A gimballed overcharged autoloader multicannon is what I have.

I'd suggest adding a cargo rack and a decon limpet controller in those empty optionals. Swap out the GFSDB and scoop at the AX system for additional HRPs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom