Lack of animals that can dig

I don't know if it's useful. But now, since meerkats can dig, I told myself why not also Fennecs and Lycaons and Spotted hyenas but especially fennecs since these animals can make a burrow and dig. It could be an interesting addition

I don't know if it's useful. But now, since meerkats can dig, I told myself why not also Fennecs and Lycaons and Spotted hyenas but especially fennecs since these animals can make a burrow and dig. It could be an interesting addition
Also aardvarks and Chinese pangolins.

I'm guessing, though not for sure of course, that more animals will get coding for this in the future. Just like diving it's a mechanic that wasn't in the game until this last pack/update with Meerkats. They're adding new diving animals with the last few big updates and I imagine they'll add more burrowing/digging animals. Now that they figured out how to address the issue with the terrain interaction, this opens the the way for more animals that use this function. Just gotta be patient, I have no doubt it'll come.

Personally I don't advocate for it. There is absolutely zero need to implement it in more animals - most of the mentioned species don't do much digging in captivity anyway, because they just don't need to (behaviour is usually driven by need, so if shelter is provided, it negates the need to dig a burrow). Even with meerkats zoos will often use fake burrows, such as PVC pipe, hollow logs, and artificial tunnels, to discourage their meerkats from digging naturally (as this can cause a variety of problems).

Top Bottom