Parks Lake Ocala: an Xbox Park approaching 100% OEC on last-gen

Hi folks! I'm here to show the progress of my first park, which I started when Console Edition came out and have been chipping away at in the months since. I come to you now in part because, as far as I can see, my park is as good an example I've seen yet of the real limits of the Oswald-Eugene Counter getting close to maxing out in a somewhat realistic build.

I started this park with no firsthand experience playing Planet Coaster and as little experience with the Oswald-Eugene Counter as anyone else, and I have learned some things that I think might be useful to console players when it comes to grappling with the OEC that I'll follow up with after you've seen the park. You're looking the park at 96% on the OEC on an Xbox One X, with all paths, rides and shops in place. There is some scenery, terraforming, path extras and fireworks left to do, and roughly 4% left with which to do it.

Here are some shots from around the park as it is today:

2 lo entrance 2-Optimized (2).jpg

Planet Coaster Console Edition (13)-Optimized.jpg

Planet Coaster Console Edition (5)-Optimized.jpg

Planet Coaster Console Edition (6)-Optimized.jpg

Planet Coaster Console Edition-Optimized (2).jpg

Planet Coaster Console Edition (20)-Optimized.jpg

In a spate of arrogance, I built a spinning coaster and then placed a duplicate right next to it. I could not really afford to do this.
Planet Coaster Console Edition (18)-Optimized.jpg

Lake Ocala is home to my first major dark ride, Lazer Zap: Uprising. I sketched out the show building and ride track in the park, then took about three weeks off of building the park to construct and sequence the ride off-site, then placed the ride back into the park as a blueprint. This blueprint is posted on the Frontier Workshop in the form of an unthemed show building with paths laid out for some interior queue placed on the grid from the ride entrance. The installation at Lake Ocala adds a significantly longer themed outdoor queue. Here's a little teaser, would you like to know more?

Planet Coaster Console Edition (7)-Optimized-1.jpg

Planet Coaster Console Edition (19)-Optimized-1.jpg

As I mentioned, the park is sitting at 96% on the Oswald-Eugene Counter and it's starting to make me sweat. There is significant landscaping and terraforming to do to make to far side of the lake look presentable, there is a fireworks display to be sequenced with many effects yet to be placed, and a fairly long log flume that is mostly yet to be themed. I have two flat rides I would be willing to part with, but I'm pretty sure I have overshot the target by a few points.

Though this park may ultimately have to be put on the back burner until I can upgrade, I've made some notes about working around the OEC on last-gen consoles that you may or may not find useful:

• Your mega park idea isn't going to happen. The empty sandbox map may be huge, but if you're doing detailed builds, you'll only be able to fill a third of it with meaningful construction.
• You have headroom for about four to six major rides track rides or coasters.
• Terraforming is very inexpensive, and that includes water. Big bodies of water are your friend.
• While the scenery blueprints, especially the new ones for console, are delightful, they can contain a lot of individual pieces that you may not really need. I used a few blueprints in ride scenes, and found myself paring off at least half of the pieces from some scenery groups to free up space. Individual pieces go a much longer way.
• Paths are extremely expensive. Consider faking big plazas with scenery pieces. Path extras and fences add up too.

You can visit Lake Ocala on the Frontier Workshop if you've got all the DLC up to Spooky and Adventure. I update it a few times a week.

Let me know if you want to see more!

Attachments

• Planet Coaster Console Edition (17)-Optimized.jpg
    Planet Coaster Console Edition (17)-Optimized.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom