Ships Lakon Type 6....This ship is awesome!.

The Type 6 has got to be the best "civilian" class ship in ED. I, in no part, wanted much to do with this vessel but in trying to see if making an honest living was truly viable in this game, I decided to give it a shot and have really feel in love with it.

I think I'm going to replace my Cobra with a Viper for combat work and keep this T6. :)

I liked the T6 too back when I had mine. It's actually quite nice for what it is. Too bad the T7 was *not* just a bigger version :(

Though, if you're in love now, wait till you sit in an Asp..

What are you using your T6 for? Commodity trading? Rare trading? Mining? Exploration?

Everything you just said here. Got it configured to handle all that. That's what's so great about it. It's one hell of a "Working Man's" ship. I've got 64 tons of cargo space, a pair of mining lasers, a refinery, a collector limpet controller, an intermediate discovery scanner, and a docking computer. I didn't have to sacrifice a shield and can still boost to 400+.

Didn't think is was possible but here I am flying it. :)

Last edited:
I liked the T6 too back when I had mine. It's actually quite nice for what it is. Too bad the T7 was *not* just a bigger version :(

Though, if you're in love now, wait till you sit in an Asp..

Ain't that the truth.

I didn't like the Asp much when my friend let me have a go with his. I don't like all the weapons being in front. I keep having a field day against them with my Viper.

I love the type 6! It is so obviously a plain goods hauler ship, but it has so much personality! Those retrothrusters!

I don't know if the developers changed some things but I'm not having too much trouble getting away from the bad guys in my Type-6 either. The only thing that's had me clinching my butt cheeks on the getaway so far is the Imperial Clipper. The shields actually held up against the barrage long enough for me to break the mass lock and jump away.

Yeah, that was a nail bitter! :eek:

I don't know if the developers changed some things but I'm not having too much trouble getting away from the bad guys in my Type-6 either.

Yeah they've toned down the frequency of interdictions a lot and the pirates also seem not as tenacious as it was back in 1.4 release. I rage-sold my Type-6 back when 1.4 came out after I got killed one too many times with a full load.

Yeah they've toned down the frequency of interdictions a lot and the pirates also seem not as tenacious as it was back in 1.4 release. I rage-sold my Type-6 back when 1.4 came out after I got killed one too many times with a full load.

:eek: I can understand that. My first time in Open play on my Mac version of ED and I get killed by another player in a Python and I was in an Adder! The only thing he got out of destroying that Adder was merit points. I thought that was pretty senseless on his part and I was a bit upset but it is within the games rules.

I'm glad FD toned that down for the sake of "working" pilots. They sure didn't make transports with much in the way of defenses. The Type 6 would have been killer with one Class 2 Hard point on top with a Class 4 Power Plant slot.

Mine's parked up at Sons at the moment, after doing good work mining for the CG. Running into Kaushpoos with 96 tons of Palladium/Platinum/Painite in a no-shields T6, only to be interdicted by player Clipper was sure exciting.

I bet they felt kinda bad when I jumped to a different system, came back, laughed at 'em for trying, then landed and offloaded my cargo. :D

Mine's parked up at Sons at the moment, after doing good work mining for the CG. Running into Kaushpoos with 96 tons of Palladium/Platinum/Painite in a no-shields T6, only to be interdicted by player Clipper was sure exciting.

I bet they felt kinda bad when I jumped to a different system, came back, laughed at 'em for trying, then landed and offloaded my cargo. :D

I'll have to remember to do this. The mere sight of a Clipper makes my butt pucker. It's just reflex now. :D I took a lot of care and planing when I put together my Type-6 to get it as fast and as durable as I could while still being able to do the job well but Clippers often leave me with a repair bill. :-/

The Clipper is fast, but the weapons convergence is appalling unless it uses gimballed mounts or turrets.
Using chaff helps a lot, as does boosting with FA off and dropping a heatsink (after chaff).
The ones that worry my T6 are the Cobras and Imperial Couriers both fast + fixed mounts; but they don't mass !ock.

Just turned my Type-6 into a Deuce and a Half. Removed the Refinery, Collector Limpet Controller, and Both Mining Lasers, and installed a 16 ton Cargo Rack, Fuel Scoop, and 2 Multi-Cannon Turrets. It's a Deuce with a pair of machine guns in the bed. :D

Great fun with the weapons but for "soft" targets only just like the truck.

- - - Updated - - -

The Clipper is fast, but the weapons convergence is appalling unless it uses gimballed mounts or turrets.
Using chaff helps a lot, as does boosting with FA off and dropping a heatsink (after chaff).
The ones that worry my T6 are the Cobras and Imperial Couriers both fast + fixed mounts; but they don't mass !ock.

Cobras and Couriers can't get through the shields on my build before I get away and I have outran every Courier I've currently come up against. I just boosted away until they were no longer on my scanner.

Well, I guess the Dev's were reading this thread because right after I posted it, all of a sudden I couldn't break an interdiction to save my life. Escaped a wing of a Diamondback Scout and a Viper first. (Outran the Scout and shot up the Viper so bad it retreated.) Then a while after I get interdicted by a Master Python. Out ran him but got shot up to 16% hull before escaping. And then immediately after that I got interdicted again by an Elite Vulture that finally killed me with 80tons of Indium in my cargo hold.

You know, sometimes it feels like this game just decides that you need to die now and goes about making sure it happens. All of these interdictions failed horribly. $800,000 in cargo and the insurance cost gone in an instant.

Aw well, at least it took a Master Python AND an Elite Vulture together to finally catch and kill me in my little old Type 6. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom