Dinosaurs Lambeosaurus

Huge, largest hadrossaurid of North America with 15 m and has a beautiful crest, is also a great companion of Parasaurolophus and Corythosaurus. Please frontier, add this dinosaur.

Lambeosaurus is not that big. It's Corythosaurus size. It's more like 10 meters.

Other than that, Lambeosaurus would make a fun addition as it's a really beautiful dinosaur. And even though I would like to see many more Hadrosaurs, I think that both Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus fill in the role of the elegant Lambeosaurine Hadrosaur. Sure it would be cool. But I'd rather have some different hadrosaurs from different areas, not just the same area and the same size or ones that are very similar.
I'd rather see Hadrosaurs like Magnapaulia, Telmatosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Amurosaurus, Brachylophosaurus, Kritosaurus and Tethyshadros.

I'm sorry buddy but you're mistaken, the Lambeosaurus is great yes, almost all estimates point to 15 m in length, I'm talking about Lambeosaurus lambei, the small lambeossaurid is Lambeosaurus magnicristatus. Obviously I want to see the larger subspecies in the game, which is quadruped like the Edmontosaurus. There are other hadrosaurids that could be added as you said, but the Lambeosaurus is a strong candidate for size and beautiful crest. But of course the others are valid, like the Magnapaulia. Remember that this post was to speak exclusively of Lambeosaurus. In another post we can discuss other species

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst Lambeosaurus would make a nice addition, I don't think it is needed right now. The game already has six Hadrosaurs, seven if you include the Muttaburrasaurus. I just don't think another is necessary at the moment.

I'm sorry buddy but you're mistaken, the Lambeosaurus is great yes, almost all estimates point to 15 m in length, I'm talking about Lambeosaurus lambei, the small lambeossaurid is Lambeosaurus magnicristatus. Obviously I want to see the larger subspecies in the game, which is quadruped like the Edmontosaurus. There are other hadrosaurids that could be added as you said, but the Lambeosaurus is a strong candidate for size and beautiful crest. But of course the others are valid, like the Magnapaulia. Remember that this post was to speak exclusively of Lambeosaurus. In another post we can discuss other species
Magnapaulia laticaudus used to be classified as Lambeosaurus, which is very large, possibly 15 meters long. It is now in it's own genus of Magnapaulia.
I cannot find any reliable source that says the remaining species of Lambeosaurus are anywhere approaching that size. The only sources I could find for a huge Lambeosaurus all referred to the then L. laticaudus. So that doesn't apply.

Magnapaulia laticaudus used to be classified as Lambeosaurus, which is very large, possibly 15 meters long. It is now in it's own genus of Magnapaulia.
I cannot find any reliable source that says the remaining species of Lambeosaurus are anywhere approaching that size. The only sources I could find for a huge Lambeosaurus all referred to the then L. laticaudus. So that doesn't apply.
So they reclassified Lambeosaurus lambei as Magnapaulia, I do not know if it's true but it could have happened

Weird is not it?

Well, I have a book by paleontologist Paul Barrett that says Lambeosaurus was 15 m

So they reclassified Lambeosaurus lambei as Magnapaulia, I do not know if it's true but it could have happened

Lambeosaurus laticaudus was reclassified as Magnapaulia laticaudus. Lambeosaurus Lambei was not. And it's smaller. And what do you mean "if it's true"? It's a matter of public scientific record.

Well, I have a book by paleontologist Paul Barrett that says Lambeosaurus was 15 m
Does it say which species? Because there's a fair chance it referred to the now Magnapaulia.

Source:
The Lambeosaurine Dinosaur Magnapaulia laticaudus from the Late Cretaceous of Baja California, Northwestern Mexico
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0038207

Top Bottom