Horizons Landing gear noise

Not sure if this is a bug or not since I only have one ship to test with...

Back in Beta I noticed that the Cobra MK4 made a very loud noise when touching down during landing. I am referring to the very first noise the ship makes when the landing animation starts, not the final "thump" as it settles down. I posted about it but wasn't sure if it is a bug or intended for the MK4.

Now I'm noticing it on my Python as well and it's driving me nuts. I always try to touch down as gently and smoothly as possible, but that noise makes me spill my coffee! It most certainly wasn't like this before Horizons. It sounds like the volume for that particular sound is way higher than it should be.

Does anyone else notice this, or is there something wrong with my game alone?

Last edited:
I noticed a louder landing 'thud' (I'm flying a Vulture) and I prefer it, I think it sounds awesome. So I think it's just a general improvement rather than an issue; but I guess changes like these can be subjective sometimes.

It's just a metal sound that doesn't depend on how gently you touch, unfortunately. As for me, would be great if they make it different, based on speed that you touch the pad.

Yeah tried lots of different ships in beta and they all THUNK down, even the small ones.

The sound team do an astounding job but I would like some variety in landing sounds for different ships, maybe even different landing speeds. That said the audio is something I really can't complain about, landing aside it's mostly awesome.

Top Bottom