Newcomer / Intro Landing Gear stopped working?

So I am using the default bindings on my X56. I launch from the dock gear goes up and down no problem but every time I get to my destination it no longer deploys??

Bind an alternative key, I use L for landing gear
I've never had a problem.

I have had problems with x52 and it having low power, which made thing sometimes not work, ghost triggers and sticky triggers and buttons
USB powered hun fixed that problem

Bind an alternative key, I use L for landing gear
I've never had a problem.

I have had problems with x52 and it having low power, which made thing sometimes not work, ghost triggers and sticky triggers and buttons
USB powered hun fixed that problem
Ok I just tried your suggestion and still wont deploy any other ideas?

No, there's no landing gear module. Hmm.

Ok I just tried your suggestion and still wont deploy any other ideas?
What happens if you use a docking computer? Can you try autoland on planets?

Are you saying that, when you are at a base - outpost, Coriolis etc. - auto-launch works fine? What if you turn off autolaunch and lift off manually? Does the gear fail if you try to raise it manually?

Is your ship fully repaired?

Have you tried a system reboot/repair from your right hand panel --> ship --> functions (the option is on the right hand side of that subscreen).

I would also try mapping another button/key to landing gear - you can also have an alternative key:

ezWR9oV.jpg

Last edited:
does it say it a level surface for landing. i don't have the x56 mines the x52 pro.but i never had problems with it.

Ok I am a total noob to this game. I was going through all the tutorials and when I got to one where you had to make a delivery and was instructed to land I discovered the gear would not go down. The ship is at 100% so that's good. I restarted the mission and this time when I launched I checked the gear and it went up and down just fine. Got to the landing and again the gear would not go down. Tried different tutorials and the same, tried open world and the same. Same behavior when I bind it to the L key, gear worked fine after launch then doesn't work when I reach any destination. I am running a year old Alienware Aurora R9 desktop .

It isn't something like you still being in Supercruise?
Nope I am at a complete stop when I try to lower the gear. Just ran the Steam file checker and it found no problems. This is really bad for me since I can't do anything without landing gear! I dont know how to 'autoland' yet..

I'd post a video of what you are doing - this isn't something that anyone else is having issues with so it's probably something you are missing. Difficult to know what 🤷‍♀️

Nope I am at a complete stop when I try to lower the gear. Just ran the Steam file checker and it found no problems. This is really bad for me since I can't do anything without landing gear! I dont know how to 'autoland' yet..

1. Are you playing Odyssey or Horizons? (Try the other one from that which is giving you gyp.)

2. If you have a docking computer fitted it will do the landing gear for you (you just ask for docking permission* then zero your throttle). I think your starting ships have an Advanced Docking Computer fitted as standard.

3. Be aware that during tutorials the controls are not always "enabled" (or only become enabled at certain points) - so this could be one reason for you not being able to drop the gear. (Look in the top corner of the screen to see if there is an instruction for you to follow.)

One tip - try to include a screenshot (F10 by default) to illustrate your issues - (better yet a video but you might not be into that) - this often gives us an insight to what the issue might be.

* A wild guess at maybe that being the problem,

are you low enough for the landing gear to deployed, since this is a tutorial? everything is nearly to the spot to work properly

Top Bottom