General Gameplay Landscaping Painting Tools with a "color changing mechanic".

While I do think the idea of having more terrain painting options for more visual ground colors or stuff ;like that, and that I've seen some people suggesting some more terrain paint options, would be a cool idea alone. Just recently, I have thought of another idea that "could" work.

As you may know, the "Painting" option window of the "Landscaping" tab has about three to four options per map: Grass, Rock, Dirt, (and for some maps, depending on the theme) Sand or Shale.

While more options for colored ground seems like a good idea, I have another idea of a way for more varied colors for grass or dirt terrains, just so the work for making much more terrain tab options in that sense, like what the sand option for Isla Nublar was like, becomes less tedious. Not that I believe that's how it would work in the development point of view, but it's still something I just decided to just leave out there.

Concept:
When you select a landscaping brush option in the "Terrain" tab, you have two ways to customize the brush settings: Slope, and Radius. The brush tools in the "Painting" tab only have a Radius option. However, because of the amount of available space is left, if there were two settings in place, how about a "Color" setting option for them?

Where with the Slope setting on the Terrain tab, you start off with the setting on to maximum by default, I think it would be fair enough if the hypothetical Color setting for the landscaping Painting tab would have at least four setting bars for you to change around and, by default, you start off with up to two of those bars activated, just so there won't be so much to work on and so that there are more options to go by to increase or decrease a specific color.

For example, if you chose Grass, the default setting will be the generic green color as setting 2. If you go back to one, you have access to a more darker green color, but as you set the color setting higher, the more yellow-ish the grass will become for you to place.

So, it would be like this: Setting 1: Dark Green, Setting 2: Generic Green, Setting 3: fairly brighter Yellow-Green (the same as you get when you use the Nature landscaping tools), Setting 4: very Yellow.
(The only MAJOR problem I have with the Grass working with that is that the stems are always the same color, even when you paint any sand on any surface painted with the Nature brushes. So does the exclusive long grass on the Nature brushed surfaces. So, I'm not sure if it would be possible for the animated stems to change when painted over an already green surface. Perhaps make it so the Nature painted surfaces will always give the same colored grass and surface, regardless?)

Another example I can think of is the Dirt option. You start off with a faint dark brown mixed with green color. But, by changing the settings, going to 1 wold make the dirt color a reddish rainforest clay-like color, and as you raise the settings from the default, the dirt colors become more browner, from a complete dark muddy brown to a lighter dry brown.

But, with the more "stony" options, which are the Rock and Shale, perhaps they could either be just a different color, or have both that and a different looking at the same time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom