Large carnivorous 'RESIZE' ideas

Hello, everyone!

JWE2 has been entertaining fans with huge updates and DLC lately. But there are still some problems left.
One of the things that I was a little disappointed about in JWE2 was the size setting for dinosaurs, especially large creatures. There are some disappointing parts in the size setting, such as the size described in this game and the size of the actual model being different, or the size that does not fit the movie series. So I'll suggest a size that will satisfy the players more.
Please take a look at the attached image.

- Tyrannosaurus rex

In JWE2, the Tyrannosaurus rex is too huge. It has the biggest problem among large carnivorous dinosaurs that need to be resized.

JWE2 Tyrannosuaurus rex is a difference between the size described in the actual game database and the actual model, and the size is exaggerated compared to the movie setting. The difference in size exceeded 1m, and the height is quite large, so it looks very large.

The problem with this large Tyrannosaurus is that other large carnivorous dinosaurs look too small. Spinosaurs, Giganotosaurs, and even Indominus rex, which are set to be larger than Tyrannosaurs, all look similar to or smaller than Tyrannosaurs. There are other reasons why other large carnivorous look small, but the biggest reason is that JWE2 Tyrannosaurus is too large.

According to the setting of the Jurassic series, if the body length is reduced to 13.5m length, the height must also be reduced to 5.2m height to fit the setting of the Jurassic series, but even if the body length is reduced, it is taller than the setting. So I think the model itself needs to be modified a little.

JWE2 Tyrannosaurus is so serious in size error compared to other large carnivores that it must be fixed.

Original: Height: 5.8m, Length: 14.5m
Edit: Height: 5.43m, Length: 13.5m

티렉스 수정.png

- Spinosaurus

In JWE2, Spinosaurus has a slightly disappointing size.

Prior to explaining first, the size of the spinosaurus has become unclear again in the current movie setting, making it difficult to measure the exact size, but the most reasonable size can be inferred. So let me explain the most likely size candidates.

You can see that the current Spinosaurus is definitely bigger than its debut film, Jurassic Park 3. So, it should be estimated to be larger than the existing height: 4.9, 5.7 m and length: 13.4 m.

Currently, it is estimated to be 15.37m or 16.4~m in length. It is estimated to be more than 15 meters because it is clearly larger than the Tyrannosaurus because it has the existing setting of "greater than the Tyrannosaurus" and the title of "the world's largest carnivorous dinosaur" in the Cretaceous camp.

Depending on the size of the model from the Cretaceous camp, it is often estimated to be more than 16m, but it is still the size of a simple model, so it can be changed at any time when the official setting comes out. Rather, 15.37m, which was directly mentioned, is currently the most reasonable size because one of the production crew directly mentioned it.
So the most appropriate size that is not too much is 15.37m.

There are several reasons why the spinosaurus looks small, one of which is due to motion. Even when walking, running, or standing, the posture is so bent that all existing models look small. And it's too skinny. unlike his too curved posture and worldview setting, he looks exceptionally small due to his overly skinny body shape.
In other words, spinosaurs need to modify models and animations.

Original: Height: 5.5m, 6.3m, Length: 15m
Edit: Height: 5.7m, 6.5m, Length: 15.37m

스피노 수정.png

- Giganotosaurus

JWE2 Giganotosaurus is really the perfect size.

The exact size setting of the Jurassic series of Giganotosaurs is unknown. However, the most mentioned sizes are 15.5m length and 5.5m hight. JWE2 embodies its size exactly well.
Of course, it is still the most talked about size yet, but we don't know when it will change again. But for now, it is the most reasonable and accurate size dinosaur in JWE2.

It is a large carnivorous dinosaur that has nothing to modify at the momentarily.

Original: Height: 5.5m, Length: 15.5m
Edit:

기가노토 수정.png

전.png

후.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were the problems and ideas about the size of the large carnivorous dinosaur of the current JWE2.
Currently, JWE2 has been consistently suggested about the size of large carnivorous dinosaurs. There were too many and inaccurate figures suggested, so I personally looked for the measurements and the sizes mentioned. This is not an exact figure either (except for Tyrannosaurus rex), but I hope it will be reflected to some extent and corrected soon.
I collected as much official data as possible and wrote it down. So there won't be any big exaggeration or weirdness.
I hope these points will be improved soon and fans will be more satisfied.

Last edited:
I totally agree. however I would also like to suggest a size increase for the often overlooked apex predator Carcharodontosaurus. the current model of the game is really too small, while its official dimensions in the game's paleopedia are 15M long and 6.4 high (therefore much larger than the T-rex) even if these dimensions seem slightly exaggerated by compared to reality which is closer to 13 or 14M long

Hello, everyone!

JWE2 has been entertaining fans with huge updates and DLC lately. But there are still some problems left.
One of the things that I was a little disappointed about in JWE2 was the size setting for dinosaurs, especially large creatures. There are some disappointing parts in the size setting, such as the size described in this game and the size of the actual model being different, or the size that does not fit the movie series. So I'll suggest a size that will satisfy the players more.

In JWE2, the Tyrannosaurus rex is too huge. It has the biggest problem among large carnivorous dinosaurs that need to be resized.

JWE2 Tyrannosuaurus rex is a difference between the size described in the actual game database and the actual model, and the size is exaggerated compared to the movie setting. The difference in size exceeded 1m, and the height is quite large, so it looks very large.

The problem with this large Tyrannosaurus is that other large carnivorous dinosaurs look too small. Spinosaurs, Giganotosaurs, and even Indominus rex, which are set to be larger than Tyrannosaurs, all look similar to or smaller than Tyrannosaurs. There are other reasons why other large carnivorous look small, but the biggest reason is that JWE2 Tyrannosaurus is too large.

According to the setting of the Jurassic series, if the body length is reduced to 13.5m length, the height must also be reduced to 5.2m height to fit the setting of the Jurassic series, but even if the body length is reduced, it is taller than the setting. So I think the model itself needs to be modified a little.

JWE2 Tyrannosaurus is so serious in size error compared to other large carnivores that it must be fixed.

View attachment 337683

Prior to explaining first, the size of the spinosaurus has become unclear again in the current movie setting, making it difficult to measure the exact size, but the most reasonable size can be inferred. So let me explain the most likely size candidates.

You can see that the current Spinosaurus is definitely bigger than its debut film, Jurassic Park 3. So, it should be estimated to be larger than the existing height: 4.9, 5.7 m and length: 13.4 m.

Currently, it is estimated to be 15.37m or 16.4~m in length. It is estimated to be more than 15 meters because it is clearly larger than the Tyrannosaurus because it has the existing setting of "greater than the Tyrannosaurus" and the title of "the world's largest carnivorous dinosaur" in the Cretaceous camp.

Depending on the size of the model from the Cretaceous camp, it is often estimated to be more than 16m, but it is still the size of a simple model, so it can be changed at any time when the official setting comes out. Rather, 15.37m, which was directly mentioned, is currently the most reasonable size because one of the production crew directly mentioned it.

There are several reasons why the spinosaurus looks small, one of which is due to motion. Even when walking, running, or standing, the posture is so bent that all existing models look small. And it's too skinny. unlike his too curved posture and worldview setting, he looks exceptionally small due to his overly skinny body shape.

View attachment 337684

The exact size setting of the Jurassic series of Giganotosaurs is unknown. However, the most mentioned sizes are 15.5m length and 5.5m hight. JWE2 embodies its size exactly well.
Of course, it is still the most talked about size yet, but we don't know when it will change again. But for now, it is the most reasonable and accurate size dinosaur in JWE2.

It is a large carnivorous dinosaur that has nothing to modify at the momentarily.

Edit:

View attachment 337685

View attachment 337686

View attachment 337687

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were the problems and ideas about the size of the large carnivorous dinosaur of the current JWE2.
Currently, JWE2 has been consistently suggested about the size of large carnivorous dinosaurs. There were too many and inaccurate figures suggested, so I personally looked for the measurements and the sizes mentioned. This is not an exact figure either (except for Tyrannosaurus rex), but I hope it will be reflected to some extent and corrected soon.
I collected as much official data as possible and wrote it down. So there won't be any big exaggeration or weirdness.
I totally agree with you. I think as well that this has to be fixed.

I totally agree. however I would also like to suggest a size increase for the often overlooked apex predator Carcharodontosaurus. the current model of the game is really too small, while its official dimensions in the game's paleopedia are 15M long and 6.4 high (therefore much larger than the T-rex) even if these dimensions seem slightly exaggerated by compared to reality which is closer to 13 or 14M long
Great idea because Carcharodontosaurus is one of my favorites and i do feel it's a little small.

Speaking of resizing, I know this might be off-topic but let's put two carnivores on the map, the first carnivore eats a guest and the second one feeds on goat, if we compare the size of the two preys while being devoured, they both look quite as big as each other and we know that goats are originally far smaller than humans, but I saw otherwise in the game and Frontier should pay attention to this detail. Who else managed to notice this?

Hello, everyone!

View attachment 337683

View attachment 337684

Edit:

View attachment 337685

View attachment 337686

View attachment 337687

Can you size chart with indominus rex accurate size too. Ingame its 6.2m tall. Database/canon its 6.7m tall
20230118_022536 (1).jpg
dont mind red point between spino and t rex its accurate size of Carnotaurus 2.9m instead 4m tall

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

View attachment 337683

View attachment 337684

Edit:

View attachment 337685

View attachment 337686

View attachment 337687

The truth is, many Dinosaurs should be resized. Many Dinosaurs are too big in the game. The Tyrannosaurus is not the only species that needs a resize. The Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Velociraptor, many Dinosaurs are oversized, and they could be resized as well. And i'm not just talking in the sense of comparing the animals themselves, but also comparing to the humans' size. Or the humans are too small, or the dinosaurs are too huge.

The truth is, many Dinosaurs should be resized. Many Dinosaurs are too big in the game. The Tyrannosaurus is not the only species that needs a resize. The Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Velociraptor, many Dinosaurs are oversized, and they could be resized as well. And i'm not just talking in the sense of comparing the animals themselves, but also comparing to the humans' size. Or the humans are too small, or the dinosaurs are too huge.
I think he meant canon size not paleo accuracy. Velociraptor is already canon size compare to t rex and Carnotaurus and indominus rex

My bad. But isn't velociraptor already canon size?
No worries. But also, my bad, i thought the Velociraptor wasn't the correct size. I had the impression that it was bigger than it's movie counterpart, but i did compared it with a human guest in the game, and now i see that it is close to what it is in the movies.
On the other hand, the Carnotaurus and Allosaurus really are bigger in the game than they are in the movies. To make sure of that, take for example, the scene in the Dominion movie, when owen is using his "magic hand" on the Carno and Allo at the same time, in the black market in Malta. Then, go to the game, and let the Carno and the Allo be close to a human guest, you'll see that they are bigger.

No worries. But also, my bad, i thought the Velociraptor wasn't the correct size. I had the impression that it was bigger than it's movie counterpart, but i did compared it with a human guest in the game, and now i see that it is close to what it is in the movies.
On the other hand, the Carnotaurus and Allosaurus really are bigger in the game than they are in the movies. To make sure of that, take for example, the scene in the Dominion movie, when owen is using his "magic hand" on the Carno and Allo at the same time, in the black market in Malta. Then, go to the game, and let the Carno and the Allo be close to a human guest, you'll see that they are bigger.
Well Carnotaurus in canon are 2.9m. Ingame they are 4m tall (Allosaurus probably 3m-4m tall)

Back
Top Bottom