Newcomer / Intro Launch Trailer reworked with some added honesty

LOL, that is soo good! And even better are YT comments that don't understand satire. But then of course, he has a point... oO

Anyways, great video! :p

I don't see how a cinematic trailer is 'misinformation'

Comments such as "FAKER THAN TOP GEAR"... this is far from satire. It's a direct stab.

I don't understand why so many people are giving FDEV such a hard time over their cinematic trailer... yet Blizzard get's away with theirs without so much hate.

I got what you wanna say, moreover it could be funny, but it's simply wasn't. They made a lot of trailer about mining and exploring on soft music, now they wanted to set some fire, and I wouldn't say It's not going to happen with you. It Will, but more likely it's going to feel like the trailer and not looks like:)

In the other hand, if you cant read between the lines in the 21th centruy marketing world, you are already lost and this "funny" trailer comparsion not going to save your mind.

As a person who loves the game ED, I can still have fun with that montage. And I think there is a reason why "so many people are giving FDEV such a hard time over their cinematic trailer": It is just so far away from what ED really is about. It is not just that fighting by no means looks and works like it is presented in the cinematic trailer, it is that the action they present simply isn't part of the game, at least not like this. So doing a satiric trailer, showing the complete opposite – which actually is way closer to the "truth" than the cinematic trailer – is a very nice reaction compared to all those countless comments that "are giving FDEV such a hard time over their cinematic trailer", which are quite, well, "uninspired", especially on YT. After all, I had fun with that one, now excuse me commanders, I need to prepare my ship for launch.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
I'm a storyteller outside of these forums.

The cgi trailer tells a story and it is AWESOME :)

The parody also has it's funny moments too.

Not my video, but this sums up my feelings about the Cinematic Trailer

[video=youtube_share;k5KLi6or8hs]http://youtu.be/k5KLi6or8hs[/video]

In all honesty, I think the trailer was in production for many months before the game relased. There is a LOT of work there. So the "trailer" and the game, are nevery likely to match 1:1.

In truth there are some elements in the trailer that DO NOT happen, and CANNOT happen in the game, as is (handbrake turns, insta-hyperspace from A-B). However, the gist of it, the space battles, mining and whatnot, all can happen. It just takes players to make these scenarios come about. In truth, the real game mechanics could not be used in the trailer, or it would be slow paced. They wanted to show a battle near an asteroid and then near a station and they used insta-hyperspace between them to be more dramatic. The same thing COULD happen in game, someone can jump out of a fight, run to a spacestation, you can follow them and re-engage there. BUT it would take about 2 minutes in game, and they had to pack that plot into 10 seconds in the trailer.

its called "artistic license" better learn to live with it guys ;)

BTW, its a great trailer, love it :)

I love the game as it is, but for all those people who might come here because of the cinematic Launch Trailer, I have to leave this here so they might be educated before they actually buy the game due to misinformation:

Launch Trailer with added Honesty

Its a representation of the game....... Gets you in the mood :)
You really think all those original CGI Star Citizen trailers will be like that ingame ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom