Leaf Nocturnal Animal Pack Idea

Basically the idea that leaf presents us, honestly it is very good, I would change some other animal but it is quite good. The only addition I have made is the leopard gecko :)
1661647812246.png

TBH i know everyone is tired of cats for some reason (i still think we are really lacking in small cats but what ever), but a NOCTURNAL animal pack without any cat just feels incomplete. I feel the same about bats but well they fly so there are zero chances for them for now.

Last edited:
TBH i know everyone is tired of cats for some reason (i still think we are really lacking in small cats but what ever), but a NOCTURNAL animal pack without any cat just feels incomplete.
Fact, but nocturnal animal pack is another idea to include as much ,,popular,, animals with unique animations as possible, which obviously wont happen. There is no place for cat.

Think about when people though about rainforest pack before wetland reveal just to get slap from caiman and lechwe.

Last edited:
A nocturnal pack would be a neat idea but since the continental dlc packs it’s been pretty unpredictable. I still think it will be a pack nobody saw coming.

I like every species suggested in this thread but quite a few of them are fairly unique compared to the existing roster so I'd expect some more familiar species as well to balance the workload. I do think a cat would be a likely inclusion for that reason. I'd expect the more well known and common ocelot over the margay, though.

Leaf is the best speculator in the PZ community, and I respect him very much. But I have my own Nocturnal Pack wishlist, and I'm looking forward to hear your opinions to it. My wishlist meets the standard of continents and niches.

First of all, when it comes to the flagship animal, the Tasmanian Devil (EN) is second to none. It’s needless to utter any explanation to them. Being top high on the meta wishlist since Conservation Pack have released, the apex predator in Australia/Oceania will be everyone's first choice, doubtlessly.

Secondly, nocturnal primate and herbivore are definitely needed. We still need more monkeys and small mammals. Speaking of the former, no one could compare to the Aye-aye (EN) from my viewpoint. They’re the biggest nocturnal primate as well as the most weird-looking lemur species in the world. As an animal once considered extinct, they were re-discovered in 1957 and introduced to the public. The number of their population shrinks drastically due to deforestation in Madagascar. Malagasy natives viewed them as bad omens, these poor creatures often were killed and hung up. It shall be a good idea that Frontier could highlight them and raise conservation awareness, reminding us we shouldn’t step in the same river twice. Speaking of the latter, Taipei Zoo, my hometown zoo used to have a Nocturnal House (which is replaced by a more modern Rainforest Dome now) that owned African Crested Porcupine (LC) as star animal. They are ranking high up on third place in the meta wishlist, and one of the best representatives of Africa in this pack.

Next on, just as Mr. NachoB had said, “it will be incomplete when it comes to Nocturnal Pack without cats.” We nearly get all of the big cats, and it’s time for we cat lovers enjoying small cats. Arabian Sand Cat (LC) might be the one I wanted eagerly. Having fluffy big ears and gold coat with black stripes, sand cat looks alike adorable domestic cat. However, they are successful night hunters in the desert. Aside from rodents, reptiles and bugs, they are excelled at hunting venomous snakes as Horned and Sand vipers. Unique, charming and aggressive, they’re the best choice representing Asia. Ground dwelling bird might follow suit after that. Needless to say, North Island Brown Kiwi (VU) is the most widely praised one. Even if we have the flying mechanics of owls and bats, this cutie NZ national bird might still have a role to play. Ensuring the second Oceania animal, it’s time to wave goodbye to wombats, Lord Howe Island stick insect, and New Caledonian giant gecko, which is a great pity.

Four completed and still three needs to go. When our travel heads to the New World, two popular animals which need special mechanics come to our horizons. They are Nine Banded Armadillo (LC) of NA and Linnaeus's Two Toed Sloth (LC) of SA. After burrowing mechanic applied to PZ since African Pack, nearly one animal in each pack are having it. Why not armadillo now? Due to the new mechanic of siamang in the Conservation Pack, enrichment items made for hanging animals come to possible. Sloth is my number one in the wishlist, and I really think it’s time for them to make their debut in PZ.

Last but not least, the amazing exhibit animal might be a gecko. I choose the most popular Tokay Gecko (LC), but I’m fine with other species. As a player calling for giant salamander and cobra so much, both of them don’t meet the needs of this pack.

*Scenery Pack:
Tasmanian Devil (EN)
Aye-aye (EN)
North Island Brown Kiwi (VU)
Linnaeus's Two Toed Sloth
(LC)
Tokay Gecko (LC)

*Alternative Animals
Tasmanian Devil (EN, Oceania, flagship animal&apex predator)
Pygmy Slow Loris
(EN, Asia, nocturnal primate)
Southern Pudu (NT
, New World, nocturnal herbivore)
Ocelot (LC, New World, small cat)
Tawny Frogmouth (LC, Oceania, nocturnal bird)
Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat (CE, Oceania, burrowing mechanic)
Fossa (VU, Madagascar, hanging mechanic)
Common Leopard Gecko (LC, Asia, exhibit animal)

Greetings from Taiwan.

Last edited:
TBH i know everyone is tired of cats for some reason (i still think we are really lacking in small cats but what ever), but a NOCTURNAL animal pack without any cat just feels incomplete. I feel the same about bats but well they fly so there are zero chances for them for now.
Agree 100%. Small cats such as the Margay and Ocelot are iconic for nocturnal exhibits.

I love these packs, and we should remember that all continents usually need to be represented in an Animal Pack.
My preference would be:
1. Tasmanian Devil - Oceania
2. Virginia Opossum - North America - Alternate: Skunk
3. Ocelot - South America
4. African Crested Porcupine - Africa
5. Aye Aye - Africa
6. Red Fox - Europe - Alternate: Marbled Polecat
7. Indian Giant Squirrel - Asia
8. Any snake or small lizard species would be just fine as exhibit animal.

How have I not seen this before? The original post pretty much lines up with my thoughts, but for one animal, which is actually my wild card spot anyways. They've chosen the Fossa, and I've thought about either the Red River Hog or Maned Wolf, but ultimately went with a surprise animal that should be an obvious pick for the theme- the Aye Aye

Top Bottom