Let’s all be real: this game is not what the devs said we would get

I played a lot since Tuesday and every time a turn on the game I get more disappointed. Is feels like looking at something estethically pleasing but without a soul. Everything feels blend, rushed out and boring, extremely boring after only 20 hours of playing. We were told that animals would have been real, unique, that we would feel connected to them because of their behaviour but all I seem to say is “ohhh so cute” and then forget about it. They should have said from the beginning that this was a game intended only to be pretty but without any depth but we have all been lied to. I wish I could return it but I can’t anymore cause I’ve been naive enough to give it many second chances. Time flies by quickly but I think that suits this kind of blank game. Time goes fast, animals feel fake, you don’t get attached to anything, you just build in pause mode and then look around, you get hundreds of notification of facilities failing and animals starving to death cause it takes literally months for them to reach the feeders in a larger enclosure and that’s it. What a game frontier, what an absolute great game you cooked!

Regarding the social interactions, we've definitely made a couple of changes there - but it could be that the likelihood of occurrence isn't right yet. Not all animals have them, and some species only have them between certain stages, like adult to adult or adult to juvenile - it's a bit of a mix. The code doesn't consider it a "critical/survival" activity (as in, more important than for example feeding or fleeing) so if animals are busy it might not be triggered. Another possibility is that the habitat is too cluttered or lacking in open space for the animal to find the space for its social behaviour theatre - so it won't trigger.

We are currently looking into this, to see if there's anything we can do to increase the likelihood of social behaviour occurring. We do have our first update going out later today but it's not yet incorporated in that one - but rest assured we continue to look at this and will let you know when we have more information about it.

Hope this better addresses your concerns!
<3

Some things like time speed and animal interactions need polishing yes, but damn if people are not getting too emotional over this. Frontier listened to feedback before I am sure they are looking into these issues..
I don’t want to sound like a brat but it doesn’t seem like they are listening very much about this two particular subjects. Time speed had not been mentioned once in their response, they only said they made the lifespan of the animals a little longer(which is wrong cause it’s not realistic) but they didn’t address the issue. They even suggested to build while the game is paused like this is something that isn’t obvious or make up for the problem. Same goes with social interaction, which in my opinion is even more important by the time this games revolves around animals and animals, as I’m aware of, interact. Wolves do not act like a pack, animal that should make herds don’t do so, offsprings leave their mothers as soon as they are born and they just wonder around the enclosure. And they didn’t address it, they just said that this is not working as it was intended and they are looking into it, which is not very promising. Being upset for such big issues is completely normal imo

I don’t want to sound like a brat but it doesn’t seem like they are listening very much about this two particular subjects. Time speed had not been mentioned once in their response, they only said they made the lifespan of the animals a little longer(which is wrong cause it’s not realistic) but they didn’t address the issue. They even suggested to build while the game is paused like this is something that isn’t obvious or make up for the problem. Same goes with social interaction, which in my opinion is even more important by the time this games revolves around animals and animals, as I’m aware of, interact. Wolves do not act like a pack, animal that should make herds don’t do so, offsprings leave their mothers as soon as they are born and they just wonder around the enclosure. And they didn’t address it, they just said that this is not working as it was intended and they are looking into it, which is not very promising. Being upset for such big issues is completely normal imo

Well to be fair, I am enjoying the game at this speed and I would not like to be slowed down! I understand some people would like it. I have close to 40hours in the franchise and I have a blast with the game. I am starting to get used to tools and short cuts. I am not of fan of waiting 10 hours of real life time to get some babys or anything close to that. Don't put every1 in the same basket...

That’s completely fine! Indeed, I don’t really think they should slow it down for everyone, cause I respect people enjoy this time rate as much as I agree with my fellow slow time people wanting a bit more time to enjoy the animals without stressing out. What they should do, imho is to either implement a slow down time button and remove the x5 speed button, which is useless because the game it’s pretty fast as it is, or they could add the possibile to change time speed in the options of the game, so it wouldn’t be compulsory for anyone to do so. Or they should add at least in the sandbox mode and imo even in the challenge mode a slower time rate, so that franchise, which is more for micromanagment, wouldn’t change! Everyone has the right to be happy isn’t it? 😌

Some things like time speed and animal interactions need polishing yes, but damn if people are not getting too emotional over this. Frontier listened to feedback before I am sure they are looking into these issues..

It's a tough crowd at times on here 😎 Have read buyers feel they've been scammed/betrayed/lied to, sure the game may not be perfection on day one but realistically (and I'm sure they'd agree) it was never going to be. Reviews/sales have been decent so far so clearly they've done something right but of course there's always room for improvement, let's see what happens over the coming weeks....

I have a bad feeling that this two issues will end up the same way as the “toddler issue” in the sims, that was only a knowledge years later the release

Like said before it great look with graphic but still feel like beta with overall release of it with bugs people finding and glitch at release. Nothing is really polish out and feel like rush job just get it out. Keeper do not want feed animals when tell them to, animals die from starvation if your habit to big , No of the acted like animals with really any interaction with other at all.

Everything in store description I feel like was lie to with what said none of it true.
[QUOTE
Build a world for wildlife in Planet Zoo. From the developers of Planet Coaster and Zoo Tycoon comes the ultimate zoo sim, featuring authentic living animals who think, feel and explore the world you create around them. Experience a globe-trotting campaign or let your imagination run wild in the freedom of Sandbox mode. Create unique habitats and vast landscapes, make big decisions and meaningful choices, and nurture your animals as you construct and manage the world’s wildest zoos.
Meet a world of incredible animals. From playful lion cubs to mighty elephants, every animal in Planet Zoo is a thinking, feeling individual with a distinctive look and personality of their own. Craft detailed habitats to bring your animals’ natural environments home, research and manage each species to allow them to thrive, and help your animals raise families to pass their genes onto future generations.
Manage an amazing living world that responds to every decision you make. Focus on the big picture or go hands-on and control the smallest details. Thrill visitors with iconic exhibits, develop your zoo with new research, and release new generations of your animals back into the wild. Your choices come alive in a world where animal welfare and conservation comes first.
][/QUOTE]

Indeed I don’t understand how the statement “animal welfare” goes hand in hand with the speed they decided to go for, by the time when you are playing franchise what most of the players do is have decent welfare for their animals in order to mate, speed time to have the offsprings mature and then sell them in the market. Let’s call planet puppy mill then!

Everything in store description I feel like was lie to with what said none of it true.
Build a world for wildlife in Planet Zoo. From the developers of Planet Coaster and Zoo Tycoon comes the ultimate zoo sim, featuring authentic living animals who think, feel and explore the world you create around them. Experience a globe-trotting campaign or let your imagination run wild in the freedom of Sandbox mode. Create unique habitats and vast landscapes, make big decisions and meaningful choices, and nurture your animals as you construct and manage the world’s wildest zoos.
Meet a world of incredible animals. From playful lion cubs to mighty elephants, every animal in Planet Zoo is a thinking, feeling individual with a distinctive look and personality of their own. Craft detailed habitats to bring your animals’ natural environments home, research and manage each species to allow them to thrive, and help your animals raise families to pass their genes onto future generations.
Manage an amazing living world that responds to every decision you make. Focus on the big picture or go hands-on and control the smallest details. Thrill visitors with iconic exhibits, develop your zoo with new research, and release new generations of your animals back into the wild. Your choices come alive in a world where animal welfare and conservation comes first.

That's just silly... All of this is true except for the 'every animal in Planet Zoo is a thinking, feeling individual with a distinctive look and personality of their own'.
Haven't seen this yet but some people mentioned seeing some animal interaction.

That's just silly... All of this is true except for the 'every animal in Planet Zoo is a thinking, feeling individual with a distinctive look and personality of their own'.
Haven't seen this yet but some people mentioned seeing some animal interaction.
I don’t agree but in 20 hours of gameplay I’ve never once seen the cute interaction where baby lion or tiger cubs play with their parents tail or the interaction where the wolf is playing with the cub. Both of those were displayed in trailers so that feel like a lie to me.

It's a tough crowd at times on here 😎 Have read buyers feel they've been scammed/betrayed/lied to, sure the game may not be perfection on day one but realistically (and I'm sure they'd agree) it was never going to be. Reviews/sales have been decent so far so clearly they've done something right but of course there's always room for improvement, let's see what happens over the coming weeks....
Remember when game developers used to finish its product before releasing?

I'm kinda annoyed cause I still can't get my animals to be feed. Not even in the campaign zoos. Things like these are not allowed to happend. Its core gamebreaking

I was thinking about the way I perceived all of the marketing, the interview comments, etc. and I focused on the building and creativity aspects. The graphics. The creativity that one could utilize when developing habitats and individual sections of the zoo.

But I think others focused on the "getting to know your animal" side of things, which I always took as something that was more of a second, or even third-tier aspect of the game compared to the other aspects of it. Even in the words they used to discuss it, I don't know -- I never took that as the primary focus of the game. And there is an element to that (I definitely felt a twinge of sadness when my first red panda passed away last night), I noticed that certain chimpanzees in my troop tended to focus on different toys or cling to others in the group, etc. Nothing major that might have been luck, and I had to spend a lot of time watching them to pick up on it (which, again -- to spend the time doing that, you'd need to sit and watch for a while)... But it's in there.

Maybe not as glaring as others were hoping for. But it's there. I just think that Frontier went for "balance." There's no way you would be able to have all of the management, all of the creative elements, and the kind of interactions people are expecting/wanting from the game. I definitely think the social aspect could be tweaked to increase the odds of certain things happening but...I'm just not sure where people had their expectations set.

Remember when game developers used to finish its product before releasing?

I'm kinda annoyed cause I still can't get my animals to be feed. Not even in the campaign zoos. Things like these are not allowed to happend. Its core gamebreaking
I have to agree about the animals not being fed or having trouble getting the keepers to show up. I fussed for hours yesterday evening with the second part of the campaign mode trying to get the overall animal score to 90%.

Since campaign mode is supposed to be the tutorial I believe there should be more tips offered to help you. The tutorial aspect is lacking and having bugs on top of it makes it even worse. I could have very well skipped to the next scenario but I didn't. I finally did manage to complete it, but it ended up being quite frustrating. At one point I didn't think I was going to be able to complete it because my lemur exhibit was having potential disease issues. For the life of me I just couldn't figure out what to do, I called constantly for keepers, vets and mechanics. Fortunately, it completed before I could truly fix the issue. Once I got the message that it completed I was relieved and logged out for the night.

I really hope that the devs will fix the issues in a timely manner. It would be sad for such a beautiful game to become just another addition in our library of games, there is so much potential and they even advertised it as being so.

It that animals should act like real counterpart instead just like doing now with way interacted with different type of animals. Like pack animals should stay in the pack or animals that stay in the water should be in water most the time.

Top Bottom