General / Off-Topic Life is weird...

So something odd happened, and while it may itself not be very interesting to anyone else, the story might amuse some here. :) As some know I like to make music, and I'm in a bunch of music-related subs over at reddit. Just the other day I was listening to someone's new music, and I asked him why he didn't put his music on iTunes, Spotify and such because it was really nice (in admittedly a niche genre). He said he was concerned he would be suckered into spending all his time on instagram, twitter and whatnot to promote his stuff instead of just making music and having fun. I responded thusly:

b5GhjZi.png

I added a little meme for fun:
A41g2sf.jpg

As you can see, he upvoted the post, soon the conversation was over and that was that. Until I got a message from Imgur a few hours later, saying that my picture went viral. Piles of people were interested in the music behind the picture, and then Spotify noticed my stuff and started showing it to people via its own algorithms. In practical terms it doesn't mean much, but the pure irony of it all just blew my mind. o_O

I dont know what the take home message is, if any. Maybe sometimes not trying does work better. Maybe the lesson is 'its all about luck'. But its puzzling for sure...

Top Bottom