[LIFESAVER] Add Engine Boost to Landing Overrides

Do we need this option now or yesterday?

• Total voters
So that I can bind it to either "nothing" or "CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-LWin-PrintScreen" and not any of the buttons that are anywhere near my landing gear controls.

So that I can bind it to either "nothing" or "CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-LWin-PrintScreen" and not any of the buttons that are anywhere near my landing gear controls.

Annnnnd why don't you just change the button in your options? AFAIK you can reassing every function and ability to wherever you want it to.

Annnnnd why don't you just change the button in your options? AFAIK you can reassing every function and ability to wherever you want it to.

When not landing the boost needs to be in an easily accessible location - preferably on the HOTAS so that you can have your finger on it all the time. When landing the boost needs to be either off or somewhere completely inaccessible.

When not landing the boost needs to be in an easily accessible location - preferably on the HOTAS so that you can have your finger on it all the time. When landing the boost needs to be either off or somewhere completely inaccessible.
boost doesn't work when landing gear is deployed. ;)

I painted my Cobra across the walls of a station today. Been playing a while now, so it's not exactly common, but my new throttle, new mapping and lack of familiarity with the new bindings resulted in pretty fireworks.

My bad, I won't be doing it again.

Z...

This! Deploy your landing gear on approach and it becomes impossible to mistakenly press boost.

The controls only change after the gear is fully deployed which takes about 3 seconds. However when retracting gear it changes straight away. This is annoying. I believe the same no boost rule applies to the cargo scoop but it changes instantaneously... On the subject of scooping, cargo scooping could also use a optional alternate control scheme like landing.

Well the last time I made a splotch at the far wall of a coriolis the problem was specifically mixing up the boost and landing gear controls. I was flying in fast with perfectly legal cargo and got the parking spot near the entry hole, decided that I needed to slow down fast, dropped gear in half panic except that it wasn't the gear I was dropping. Wooooosh bang.

Set the landing override for some action, like thrusters up, to your boost button. Then, if you accidentally try to boost, the ship will move slightly up.

Agreed. Just change your button mapping. Since the landing gear is not used in normal flight I have it mapped to one of the switches on my Warthog throttle base. Easily accessible and not something I can mistake for the boost (which sits under my left thumb on the throttle).

I'd recommend you get a HOTAS setup instead of using the keyboard imho.

After boosting at the wrong time, I've changed my boost binding to be VERY far away from my landing gear binding. :D

Top Bottom