LO-3 Anomaly - cannot get Codex entry

I just came across an LO-3 Anomaly (never heard of it until I found it)
zqAEwmt.png
There is no entry for it in the Codex for this region (or anywhere I looked at) but when I scan it, nothing happens

Anyone else had a similar problem?
Another anomaly in the same system scanned fine and 'confirmed' in the Codex :)

Yeah, lots of things aren't scanning into the codex. I couldn't scan in the anemones or bark mounds in Empyrean Straits. Anemones in many regions won't scan. Many more examples.

Confirmed.

L03-Type Anomaly - " Use your composition Scanner to Analyse this Object. " Yet when scanned - says complete. Nothing changes.

[video]https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387429720[/video]

Last edited:
Oh well never mind, just logged in again and the Stellar Phenomena that contained those things are gone. Do they just appear at certain times or did they really just cut them out? :-/

Deleted member 38366

D
Unscannable Codex Objects are very common and remain unfixed ever since inception of the bugged Codex itself.

That's just part of the Bug preservation culture of ELITE where unfixed Bugs can easily be older than most Player Accounts.

Rejoice and buy some ARX - or be the 100th to file a redundant Bug Report that'll be ignored.

Oh well never mind, just logged in again and the Stellar Phenomena that contained those things are gone. Do they just appear at certain times or did they really just cut them out? :-/
Are you sure they are gone? did you check the FSS and see there were no unresolved NSP signals? Kinda annoying if they can actually migrate over time - or it may be like previous releases where stuff 'accidentally' moves around when it wasn't supposed to (Brain Trees have done that before).

Are you sure they are gone? did you check the FSS and see there were no unresolved NSP signals? Kinda annoying if they can actually migrate over time - or it may be like previous releases where stuff 'accidentally' moves around when it wasn't supposed to (Brain Trees have done that before).

Yeah, I am sure. I logged out inside the ring, 1-2km next to those things. Logged back in and checked the nav panel to maybe try scanning them once more. They weren't there anymore. Entered cruise mode, used the honk again and took a look with FSS - No phenomena anymore... (Used to be 3 of them).

Yeah, I am sure. I logged out inside the ring, 1-2km next to those things. Logged back in and checked the nav panel to maybe try scanning them once more. They weren't there anymore. Entered cruise mode, used the honk again and took a look with FSS - No phenomena anymore... (Used to be 3 of them).
Thanks for the confirm! That ... is annoying. Kinda makes EDSM collecting all the locations pointless. Hope they haven't broken the few locations in the in-game codex...

You're welcome.

Today:
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-09T07:15:48Z", "event":"StartJump", "JumpType":"Supercruise" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-09T07:15:53Z", "event":"SupercruiseEntry", "StarSystem":"Wembeau KM-V e2-12", "SystemAddress":52405700956 }
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-09T07:15:53Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"Supercruise" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-09T07:16:13Z", "event":"ReservoirReplenished", "FuelMain":18.335516, "FuelReservoir":1.070000 }
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-09T07:16:28Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"SystemAndSurfaceScanner" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-09T07:16:33Z", "event":"FSSDiscoveryScan", "Progress":1.000000, "BodyCount":39, "NonBodyCount":0, "SystemName":"Wembeau KM-V e2-12", "SystemAddress":52405700956 }

Yesterday, roughly 9 hours earlier:

{ "timestamp":"2019-10-08T20:47:52Z", "event":"FSSSignalDiscovered", "SystemAddress":52405700956, "SignalName":"$Fixed_Event_Life_Ring;", "SignalName_Localised":"Notable stellar phenomena" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-08T20:47:52Z", "event":"FSSSignalDiscovered", "SystemAddress":52405700956, "SignalName":"$Fixed_Event_Life_Ring;", "SignalName_Localised":"Notable stellar phenomena" }
SNIP SNIP
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-08T20:50:10Z", "event":"FSSDiscoveryScan", "Progress":1.000000, "BodyCount":39, "NonBodyCount":3, "SystemName":"Wembeau KM-V e2-12", "SystemAddress":52405700956 }

See, NonBodyCount from 3 to 0.

Might be worth creating an issue for it, but I understand if you don't bother - I expect they accidentally changed the NSP generation. Or it's deliberate ad they're supposed to move. Of course fdev won't tell us, so it's shroedinger's bug - you don't know until you raise it if it is a bug or not 🤷‍♀️

No idea, entry in the issue tracker is open (see the link further up) - Edited it to reflect the fact that those are gone now.

Frankly, I prefer them not telling too much about certain things, would break the surprise moment. On the other hand, its REALLY a big let-down to find something interesting that you didn't know beforehand even existed, then you check the codex and it's not listed. I was really hyped to get my first "discovered first" entry... :-(

No idea, entry in the issue tracker is open (see the link further up) - Edited it to reflect the fact that those are gone now.

Frankly, I prefer them not telling too much about certain things, would break the surprise moment. On the other hand, its REALLY a big let-down to find something interesting that you didn't know beforehand even existed, then you check the codex and it's not listed. I was really hyped to get my first "discovered first" entry... :-(
Imagine how you'd feel if you got the entry and then it vanished ....

Cool - at least it's reported. It is sad that a year later they haven't fixed this, though it shows there aren't that many people trying to find things as we don't get new threads every day...

It's particularly annoying because they mentioned a fix for this in the patch notes earlier in the year. I flew out to some of the anemone and brain tree locations in Empyrean Straits that hadn't scanned in previously, to get them finally scanned. And of course, it still didn't work. So... lots of wasted travel time on that one.

My worry is that because they marked it as "done" at one point, that they don't consider it to still be an active issue.

Might be worth creating an issue for it
I've done one some time ago, see it here. Please confirm it if you can. Interestingly enough, the other Codex bugs I've submitted before have all been marked as "Acknowledged". (You can just search for "codex bugs" on the tracker.)

I'm curious though if NSPs are supposed to move. I can certainly see ones in rings moving, and I guess Lagrangian clouds over larger times as well. Note that I don't mean they should pop in and out of existence, just that their location should move over time.

Oh, and I also made a thread for listing the Codex bugs.

Last edited:
I'm curious though if NSPs are supposed to move. I can certainly see ones in rings moving, and I guess Lagrangian clouds over larger times as well. Note that I don't mean they should pop in and out of existence, just that their location should move over time.
They should certainly move relative to the bodies they're associated with - the ones associated with moon L4/L5 points certainly keep reasonable tracking.

Top Bottom