Discussion Logitech X52 Owners Please Help!!

Got this thing yesterday and works great....until I put the Logitech software on it. Only needed to map a single button for Discord PTT too.

So, here is the problem...I have spent 5hrs straight chasing around broken links that are 2 months to 10yrs old without finding but 2 posts that had my exact issue...and 1 never posted how he fixed it and the other never had a reply.

I have uninstalled, ran Logi's registry script, downgraded the version, etc. etc... but the one thing I still can't do is set my LEDs on or off, set my time, or anything related. It is because I can't seem to get the screen everyone gets from the control panel. The pictures below show all I get.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.17 - 23.47.14.98.png

Supposedly I am supposed to get the calibration screen with all the deadzone, LED, time settings etc.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.17 - 23.47.27.81.png

It shows up in the device manager as it should

When I double click X52 H.O.T.A.S in game controllers, I get this:

1624032011817.png

I guess that's what you're looking for. Have you installed the X52 software from Logitech?

The screen shots in my OP are what I get. I had the pdf and it is the worst written manual I have seen. I just did a complete uninstall of software and removed the x52 from the system and tried again... I still can't get the screen you have. This is a clean PC and never had an issue with anything. I am starting to think I have a firmware issue with the stick.

It is now gone. Since it is barely 36hrs old and I have spent more time chasing workarounds for calibration and drifting problems, doing software swaps and driver resets, and wondering when the stick is going to decide to just start drifting while playing again, I know enough from life that things that create this much trouble need to be removed from my reach. I just dropped it off at UPS and Amazon will be refunding me...in the mean time, I have ordered the Thrustmaster HOTAS. If that one turns out to be garbage....I will just revert back to my 1999 Sidewinder.

Also, yes I was using the 64bit. Since the 32 wouldn't install. That was the very first issue (and sign that I was in for a lot of hassle) I had...luckily that was an easy fix.

Appreciate the replies....but I am leaning towards the stick being a defect or bad firmware. I have never...and I mean never had this much trouble with a device...or anything from Logitech. The last time I fought with a device on this level was in the 90s trying to get my Soundblaster card to stop disabling itself when I plugged in my MS Steering Wheel... and the only internet solutions you had were AOL chat rooms or email.

I don't think you can change the color of your LED or turn it on/off. At least I haven't found such an option. The display on the throttle is only controllable from the 3 buttons below. There you can set time and use the stop watch. The MFD isn't as sophisticated as the pro version afaik. You have no software to program it.
EDIT: I have this software version installed: X52_HOTAS_x64_8_0_213_0.exe on Win8.1

Last edited:
Might be.

I think I recall seeing something about 32 bit and 64 bit drivers being a mess at their webpage. Apart from that, it's a great joystick.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/klyruk Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/klyruk/64_bit_software_for_saitek_x52/
I don't know if this has been answered already, but if not, go to the Logitach support page and click on the cross BELOW the open (32bit) one. You should find that it will collapse the 32bit one and expand the 64bit version.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom