Look At Target - For props

I haven't actually played the game so this could already be added and I just don't know, but I've been watching some videos and I thought a cool feature could be to set and object to target another object.

For example, let's say you're placing lights and you want these lights to all be aimed at a rides entrance. Currently (I assume) you have to manually rotate them all to aim them where you want. I suggest a "Look at target" button that you can click and select the entrance as the target and the objects will automatically aim at what ever target you select.

Another idea could be to select a moving target. So your lights could follow a moving prop or ride/coaster car as it goes around.

Another idea could be to select a moving target. So your lights could follow a moving prop or ride/coaster car as it goes around.

Well, the current spotlights in the game aren't capable of rotation realistically, they're your standard static floor-mounted spotlight. I'd like to see a separate spotlight added specifically designed to be able to rotate either in a pattern or to point at objects, that'd be nice.

The spotlight rotation does seem a bit counter intuitive... Actually, a lot of the rotation isn't to what I'd expect it to work like. I'd expect each prop to have a "front side" then dragging your mouse to wherever would face that front side towards the mouse cursor over the flat plane. Right now I'm getting a bit stuck on building a lot to grid, simply because the system confuses me and causes me to become frustrated a bit...

The spotlight rotation does seem a bit counter intuitive... Actually, a lot of the rotation isn't to what I'd expect it to work like. I'd expect each prop to have a "front side" then dragging your mouse to wherever would face that front side towards the mouse cursor over the flat plane. Right now I'm getting a bit stuck on building a lot to grid, simply because the system confuses me and causes me to become frustrated a bit...

Maybe placing a light/prop could be a two click process. The first click places the prop, the second click places the direction it looks at. So after the first click, the prop will always face whereever the mouse cursor is until you click again. Or something along those lines.

Top Bottom