[LFG] Looking for Squadron - Very unfamiliar to the game

Hi folks,

Looking to join a squadron that's open to showing new players the ropes. I'm technically a returning player (played during KS beta and a bit after) barely put a few hours in and am still in the starting ship. Recently tried to get back into the game but am basically wandering around lol.

I'm on the east coast but also play during odd hours at night sometimes. I have a warthog but mainly play on a steam controller out of convenience.

try the Flc squadron or Cias they both help out! and have great videos to teach, you want to do powerplay or just mess around????

powerplay: means you transport packages (fed aid) to other stations to give that power influence over that system, so you can change the allegiance of that system to yours, the more you send packages the better the rewards (faction only weapons & votes and great cr up to 50 million ).
they can explain it better than me.

but if your starting out, squadrons wouldn't be the best option as you need at least 150 million to keep going .join a private group like this one:
Tyres O'Flaherty
type that in game in social menu and click invited to group then wait for the invited.

Last edited:
powerplay: means you transport packages (fed aid) to other stations to give that power influence over that system, so you can change the allegiance of that system to yours, the more you send packages the better the rewards (faction only weapons & votes and great cr up to 50 million ).
they can explain it better than me.

but if your starting out, squadrons wouldn't be the best option as you need at least 150 million to keep going .join a private group like this one:
Tyres O'Flaherty
type that in game in social menu and click invited to group then wait for the invited.
Dang, aren't squadrons like guilds? There is a 150million fee to join? :O

I'll give that group a shot, interesting name.

well it not a joining fee,it more of A starting Capital for rebuys you don't want to lose all of your ships over a week? and restarted with a sidewinder again.it can happen has you are against other factions and a few gankers(players who there to annoy) who just love blowing up new players.

Greetings Commander,

The Nova Navy welcomes all Commanders, be they new or veteran. We have many mentors willing to assist anyone seeking more knowledge about the game. As such, you may desire to give us a try.

I want to keep this post short, so please read into our thread for more information: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/join-the-nova-navy-nova-imperiums-naval-arm.548499/

If you have any questions personally, feel free to DM me here, or join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/WEJeFQw

If your interested in a squad that is pretty new Far Shore Co. is about 1 month old we are growing well to with 35 players and participate in pretty much everything in the game and we have people playing in two different time zones so there is probs a chance of someone being online in voice chat

Greetings Commander,

The Nova Navy welcomes all Commanders, be they new or veteran. We have many mentors willing to assist anyone seeking more knowledge about the game. As such, you may desire to give us a try.

I want to keep this post short, so please read into our thread for more information: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/join-the-nova-navy-nova-imperiums-naval-arm.548499/

If you have any questions personally, feel free to DM me here, or join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/WEJeFQw
You guys might be a bit too advanced for me. I read the main post and it was pretty overwhelming, so much lore lol! Not a bad thing, I'm just at the stage of figuring out what I'm doing.
you could join the new pilots initiative (NEWP ID on all platforms) they halped me start out and are a bunch of helpful guys and gals even doing fleet carrier events like free trips to guardian sites and to colonia, here is a link to their discord, https://discord.com/invite/NEWP
That's exactly when I am looking for! I joined up.

If your interested in a squad that is pretty new Far Shore Co. is about 1 month old we are growing well to with 35 players and participate in pretty much everything in the game and we have people playing in two different time zones so there is probs a chance of someone being online in voice chat
Thanks for the offer, I'll stick with the new pilot thing for now and when I know what I'm doing I'll go looking to pick a squadron.

You guys might be a bit too advanced for me. I read the main post and it was pretty overwhelming, so much lore lol! Not a bad thing, I'm just at the stage of figuring out what I'm doing.

That's exactly when I am looking for! I joined up.

Thanks for the offer, I'll stick with the new pilot thing for now and when I know what I'm doing I'll go looking to pick a squadron.

Commander Soul0Reaper,

We might have a lot of lore behind us as we are a squadron behind a Frontier Developments faction, but in terms of actual gameplay we are not that advanced for the new player, with many veterans willing to assist you with any question. (I do not wish to sound irritated, I merely want to have that clarified)

Having said that, I do wish you the best of luck within the New Pilots Initiative. Know that the Imperator's doors will always be open for you if you decide you are ready for the larger adventure that is a membership of the Imperator's navy.

Memento Mordanticus

well it not a joining fee,it more of A starting Capital for rebuys you don't want to lose all of your ships over a week? and restarted with a sidewinder again.it can happen has you are against other factions and a few gankers(players who there to annoy) who just love blowing up new players.
My dude!! What the hell are you talking about?? Why on earth would a new pilot need capital to join a squadron? Most helpful squadrons would help a new player earn a 150 million in their first day!!
Also why even mention powerplay when he is new to the game? He obviously wants to learn what the game has to offer and powerplay is such a niche part of this game that it should be one of the last things to be taught, along with thargoid hunting and PvP.

My dude!! What the hell are you talking about?? Why on earth would a new pilot need capital to join a squadron? Most helpful squadrons would help a new player earn a 150 million in their first day!!
Also why even mention powerplay when he is new to the game? He obviously wants to learn what the game has to offer and powerplay is such a niche part of this game that it should be one of the last things to be taught, along with thargoid hunting and PvP.
Some hardcore pvp and BGS squadrons require you have certain ships and set ups

Top Bottom