Newcomer / Intro Looking for system ( empire )

Looking for a good system to do missions border to empire , with close stations to star, ( no 400k/ls ones ), that´s good to do missions and trade.

Currently in LHS 3447 in eagle..

i did a bit of scrolling about the map and found Liaedin, it's under 30LY away but i don't think my eagle can get there. at least it didn't show as routable for me, but then i've found with a bit of juggling i can get unroutable systems to show up as routable by forcing it to think of different systems near by. i flew out in a sidewinder and traded in for a viper.

no reason why you couldnt sell the eagle (sell modules first, then ship), fly out in a sidey then buy the eagle back. it will cost a bit, but unless your balance is struggling to fit in the insurance cost it should be quite affordable.

one problem with the short jump range will be when you need to do the rank up missions. they might ask you to find combat stabalisers or personal weapons. both are a trek and both will involve smuggling them back into station, but the combat stabs are freaking miles away! so you'd need another ship for that, sidey, hauler or adder would all be good candidates depending on your funds. the eagle and the viper are pure combat ships and are not built for long distance flying, so where ever you go chances are a second ship will be needed. doing the combat stab run is where i found out about the routable issues. i could get there just fine (with my weight set to include the goods for the return trip to ensure i didnt strand myself!). yet on the return trip it would not route home without some juggling.

not sure if it's worth flying even further to get to a cluster of empire systems. i stayed near 3447 as all my friends are in the area. were i flying solo i think i might be tempted to haul myself all the way to the main empire, not this tiny outpost in the middle of fed space.

on the plus side the first station is under 400Ls from the drop in star, and there are 2 more stations over 1K Ls away should you want to check different bullitin boards. there is also a high tech fed system just below it with all the class A modules you can shake a stick at, though it is 2.6K Ls from drop in.

Well, did fit a fuel scoop to it and took away the cargo and shield while flying, manage to get to Shosha.

But it was close not making it since there was few systems with stars not able to fuel scoop from.. Phew....

And from what i can see from the galaxy view, it is kinda border to Empire, before all the stars become red in Galaxy view.

And does any know what system is considered the Empire´s capital system? Don´t say Coruscant :D

Corus....eerr Kronos, no? wait Romulus then? still no?
Oh i know : Achenar ;)

Also the map only shows some of the possible routes(most economic or fewer numbers of jumps) within 100LY or so around you, you have to move to see more routes.

Last edited:
Well, did fit a fuel scoop to it and took away the cargo and shield while flying, manage to get to Shosha.

But it was close not making it since there was few systems with stars not able to fuel scoop from.. Phew....

And from what i can see from the galaxy view, it is kinda border to Empire, before all the stars become red in Galaxy view.

And does any know what system is considered the Empire´s capital system? Don´t say Coruscant :D

Haha. There are still a natural surface left on this one.

You want Achenar. When you zoom out a great deal down there, the name is floating in the (map) heavens. Need a permit though. So make friends out of the Empire! :)

Edit: Drats. Ninja'd! Hehe...

I found Liaedin as well, it's fairly close to LHS 3447 like stated above.

It took me some exploring to get there, in the end I found a good route...

LHS 3447 - Kremainn - Mbukuravi - Ngaliba - Alrai Sector JW-W B1-6, Chowei (Swigert Terminal has great tech btw, much better than I've found in the systems surrounding LHS 3447, well worth a look), and then on to Volunga, and then Liaedin.

You can probably skip 1 or 2 systems along the way, altho Ngaliba - Alrai Sector JW-W B1-6 might need another additional stop (I first did it in a Viper, now flying a Cobra because of this - much better range).

Maybe I'll see you there :) Fly safe!

:) made it to Shosha, now doing good trade route between it and Frigur, both close to star.

Make some money here before venturing more in to the Empire..

Also, how often does the Supply and Demand refresh?

Top Bottom