looking to upgrade to xbox series x will i have my saved gameplay still

I am currently playing on the xbox one and was going to get an xbox series x and wonder if all my saved progress will be there when I load the game on the xbox series x

Your account info and all your progress is on the Frontier servers. Consoles just access it. Meanwhile on a PC all the custom controller bindings are stored locally. If that is the case with consoles you may have to remap them again. Others may know better. Meanwhile I'd write them down just in case especially as ED recognizing a newer/different controller on a PC starts all over.

My third ED account is on a PS4 Pro so I haven't had to upgrade yet. I did wear out a T.Flight HOTAS 4 flying in ED! :)

Last edited:
Yes, it's simple; download the game on to your xbox series x, sign in with the same account you used on your xbox one and load up. It's as easy as that.

I am currently playing on the xbox one and was going to get an xbox series x and wonder if all my saved progress will be there when I load the game on the xbox series x

Xbox has had automatic cloud sync for game saves for many years now. It works across any console you sign into. It even works on the Xcloud streaming service.

You can't even accidentally delete your save, even if you wipe it from your console and even the cloud. Because all your progress and stats are saved on Frontier's servers. So you're free to upgrade your console, just download the game on your new Series X and everything will be there after your first login.

The only way to lose everything is by deliberately going into the appropriate menu in-game and choosing to reset/wipe your progress. I don't even remember where that option is, thankfully.

You can't even accidentally delete your save, even if you wipe it from your console and even the cloud. Because all your progress and stats are saved on Frontier's servers. So you're free to upgrade your console, just download the game on your new Series X and everything will be there after your first login.

The only way to lose everything is by deliberately going into the appropriate menu in-game and choosing to reset/wipe your progress. I don't even remember where that option is, thankfully.

They should have that for cross platforms saves so you can play on pc and have all your stuff

I upgraded from one x to x series, no trouble at all, when you set up the x series it will transfer everything from your old console to the new one either wireless or via LAN

Top Bottom