Engineers Losing Pinned blueprints?

Maybe i'm losing my mind (possible) but I suspect I'm losing pinned blueprints and I dont know why. It might be explained by a limit to the number of pinned blueprints. So as I go back and pin one BP, another one is unpinned as a result. This is how it looks but I cant confirm it. I just know I'm losing pins for whatever reason.

I have seen this too.

I had Fast Scan for the Kill Warrant Scanner blueprint pinned for Tiana Fortune and went over and changed it to a Long-Range Sensors blueprint. On my way back to my home station, I stopped in at Hera Tani to do some work on my Surface Scanner. I had Armored Power Plant pinned for her and didn't mess with the pinned blueprint at all. When I got back to base and switched over to the ship that needed the sensor upgrade, I found that there were no blueprints pinned for Fortune or Tani.

I just chalked it up to early-onset space madness at the time, but apparently it's a bug.

I have lost many pinned blueprints over time. I am pretty sure its when you have the same module type pinned more than once.
EG. Charge enhanced PD at one engineer and weapons focused PD at another, i end up losing both pinned blueprints.

Can anyone confirm ?

I had this happen quite a bit, and when asking about it somebody mentioned that the issue seems to be that the pin sometimes doesn't actually stick. They suggested you log to menu after pinning then check to see that it stuck before leaving the engineer station.
I believe the only limit on pins is that it's 1 per engineer.

It happened to me again last night... but I check now so I caught it.

Pin blueprint > log out to menu > log back in and check that it's still pinned. It wasn't so I pinned again and repeat the log out. That time it stuck!

Pain in the backside but better than flying 400ly away before you realize.

It seems that remote blueprints do not apply to a new ship. I go buy one and then none of my past blueprints show up. I understand this with legacy ships but not new ones.

It seems that remote blueprints do not apply to a new ship. I go buy one and then none of my past blueprints show up. I understand this with legacy ships but not new ones.
Not at all.
Just last night I bought a new Chieftain and fully g4/g5 most of the modules remote right at the station I bought from. Then flew around to the various engineers to apply experimentals.

See my post above for a solid way to make sure this bug doesn’t impact you going forward.

Thanks for the tip jn Tracks. Still I've had say a dozen pinned blueprints with my current ship, purchase a new one, then only three show up. Back to my original ship and the dozen are back. Maybe beams don't show up if I haven't installed them but all the core internals should be there.

Thanks for the tip jn Tracks. Still I've had say a dozen pinned blueprints with my current ship, purchase a new one, then only three show up. Back to my original ship and the dozen are back. Maybe beams don't show up if I haven't installed them but all the core internals should be there.
Yes that’s right; you’ll only see blueprints in remote workshop for modules you have installed at the moment.

I have felt like I lost some pinned BPs but I don't do a lot of engineering so I lose track. I just attributed it to only being able to have one BP per engineer. I thought I had efficient Beams pinned and efficient Pulse Laser but I only have PL's pinned.

Thank you for this thread. GL HF

Could it be module class related? Like if you pinned monstered to a 5A PP it doesnt show up for the size 4A PP? That's all I could think of.

OK, let's get more specific as in purchase any ship and they will include:

Lightweight Alloy
Power Plant
Thrusters
Frame Shift Drive
Life Support
Power Distributor
Sensors
Fuel Tank
Shield Generator
Cargo Rack
Pulse Laser(s)

Except for the cargo rack and fuel tank a player has pinned blueprints for all the rest. They purchase a new ship and many of the blueprints do not show up. Back to their previous ship and they are all back. As this equipment (although low performance versions) is installed one would think the blueprints would be there. Blueprints shouldn't care about class. I understand blueprints not being there for equipment such as weapons, shields and reinforcements that have not been installed. I don't remember how legacy ships were effected.

Is it a bug or has it something to do with the ship type? Say a player with a trading ship such as a Type-7 purchases a combat type Fer de Lance or maybe something newer as a Krait Mk II? Maybe per jn Tracks suggestion when pinning a blueprint we should also menu logout/login after purchasing a new ship to see if they show up.

As long as the thrusters and FSD show up I don't have much of a problem with this as I'm still going to fly to all the engineers for the experimentals. So I can pin them again but I've never figured out what is going on.

Maybe with the next Beta (does not effect our live accounts) with lots of pinned blueprints I'll go to Jameson Memorial, purchase every ship and record the results. The problem is per scientific investigation what is the base ship? A Sidewinder? Will I have to purchase each ship, recover all the blueprints then purchase all the other ships again? I have the credits but getting back the blueprints for every ship in the game then buying all the others could take longer than the Beta time period.

Maybe this is a good thread for a Frontier Dev to make a few comments as this programming is working as intended and explain the rules a little. Maybe it is not quite working as intended. If it is a bug then the generic reply, "We are aware of the issue" would also help. Many players like me who are experts in our little part of the Elite Dangerous world would be glad to help out.
__

Personally I love doing everything I can to make a Beta fail which requires thinking out of the box and experience with the game to know how to push it to the limits. Frontier also loves it because programmers and thousands of gamers don't always think alike. But this combination nails many problems in Beta that won't be there when it goes live.

If a player goes to Beta just to play with the new toys they are not helping a lot. Use your gaming experience even if limited being new check all you played before is still working then try to break it. I know. I type too much.

Regards to All

Last edited:
Top Bottom