Made it finally

Right on Commander ;)

There are plenty of challenges you can try to achieve in ED, it's a great way to waste free time :)

I'm afraid the only advice you'll get from me is to play your own way. Figuring out the best way to achieve a goal is the game for me ;)

A well engineered dbx (diamondback explorer) costing peanuts will achieve a 50+ light year jump.That's good value for such a cheap craft.
Light weight and distance are your cornerstone..how I leave to you to discover.
o7

Last edited:
A well engineered dbx (diamondback explorer) costing peanuts will achieve a 50+ light year jump.That's good value for such a cheap craft.
Light weight and distance are your cornerstone..how I leave to you to discover.
o7
Thank you. By coincidence I already have a DBX and have visited Farseer for a mod to FSD. Now over 33 Ly but can go more when I've got the bits to advance. Not finding the explorer role as interesting ( or lucrative) as mining but I'll stick with it for the time being. My aim is Elite Explorer as I already have it in Trading.

I recently did my 5000Ly run to get the Prof's attention. I used a DBX with about 52Ly range (I've now got it up to a tad shy of 57Ly). Ship value 19.5M..
Get the best fuel scoop that fits..(period!)....... Get a good AFMU (and turn it off when not actively using it to save power/heat).
Consider only plotting routes using scoop-able stars (or keep a very close eye on the fuel gauge!!)
There is a chain of deep space outposts towards Colonia (and a few others elsewhere) bear their locations in mind as hull repair locations (and probalbly exploration data banking points). If you wish, Visit them to reset your respawn point...
Ensure that you start off with enough mats to synthesise your first couple of reloads of consumables you might need (AFMU reloads, ammo, heatsinks, etc..)
Don't forget your FSS!!!!
Don't fly directly between POIs - deliberately go off the beaten track (and above/ below the galactic plane) to find places no other commander has gone before...
Don't be a muppet (like me) and pancke on an unexpectedly high-G moon 2 jumps short of 5000Ly :(
Good luck!

Top Bottom