Managing The Parks!?!?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Tremendous job and detailing is what we have noticed thru pictures and videos, its obvious by now that there are some real passionate theme park fans on the work and we will definitely have a high quality game on its release...

We have observed a few rides in the making, the interiors, scenery and peeps and staff creation and behaviour uptil now but we are yet to hear anything on the management front of these parks, there were various micromanagement aspects that went into the earlier editions...Janitors,Entertainers,Themes,Security,Weather,Finances,Expansion of the land area and much more that impacted decisions and planning of the park making as we played the game...

There are 2 sections of the peeps who play this game out...a part who loves the construction, a lot of which is covered on a regular basis while the other who love the management part of these parks...Pleaseee tell us more about it and multiplayers support...

Also when can we have the pre-purchase and early bird on steam?

I think all of these aspects will come. What they've told in the first live stream was that they wouldn't release a feature untill it is rock solid. I'm almost certain they're working on the micro management aspect. They probably keep it quiet to try and overwelm people when it is ready. So many things still need to be added, that's why the release is most likely at the end of this year. For now we've got some cool stuff to play with on the alpha. I'm sure the micromanagement part will follow soon. I too am looking forward to that, including many other features. [happy]
I have faith in Frontier. They are doing an incredible job. I think when finished, PC will blow away any competition. The developers look at the forum a lot and I know they hear us. This stuff will be added. Next livestream is about the rides. Maybe the other will feature the micromanagement part or other parts that they are still working on.
Not sure about the pre-purchase on steam. I bought the early bird long time ago. I asume that soon we'll get an activation code for Steam so that we can download it via Steam.
I hope there's gonna be a preload period. That would be nice.

I'm very eager to see more features of the game as well.
It will be awesome. While we have alpha access, little by little they will add more features and we can really improve our existing parks with all the new features coming up over time.
Hope next live stream this wednesday (same time I believe) they will give us a release date on the early access. It will be this month and after 16th. That much is certain.

I think all of these aspects will come. What they've told in the first live stream was that they wouldn't release a feature untill it is rock solid. I'm almost certain they're working on the micro management aspect. They probably keep it quiet to try and overwelm people when it is ready. So many things still need to be added, that's why the release is most likely at the end of this year. For now we've got some cool stuff to play with on the alpha. I'm sure the micromanagement part will follow soon. I too am looking forward to that, including many other features. [happy]
I have faith in Frontier. They are doing an incredible job. I think when finished, PC will blow away any competition. The developers look at the forum a lot and I know they hear us. This stuff will be added. Next livestream is about the rides. Maybe the other will feature the micromanagement part or other parts that they are still working on.
Not sure about the pre-purchase on steam. I bought the early bird long time ago. I asume that soon we'll get an activation code for Steam so that we can download it via Steam.

It will be awesome. While we have alpha access, little by little they will add more features and we can really improve our existing parks with all the new features coming up over time.
Hope next live stream this wednesday (same time I believe) they will give us a release date on the early access. It will be this month and after 16th. That much is certain.

They stated that there was NO Steam support yet. It will be somewhat like Elite Dangerous. But not sure if they were talking with Steam about Steam integration.

We haven't talked with Valve about Planet Coaster, but if we do release the game on Steam we would hope to offer the option of a Steam key to our existing players. We learned how important this is to our community with Elite Dangerous.

So, I guess we will hear something about it soon. At least they acknowledge the importance to the community.

hope there is some big management aspect in the game.

as they said its one of the "key features" so i think it will be very interessting.

It will definitely come up sooner or later but I feel its time to lay out those details turn by turn too, they form a very important integral part of the game where the average player would be spending his/her time into apart from building the rides and laying out the scenery...

Coming to steam, personally and also I feel many would be finding it tough to purchase the early-bird/alpha only thru frontier, it somehow doesn't allow for local currency purchase which pulls up the cost for the game at the country specific level...a steam purchase would not only unable to reach out to many but also have many copies sold...

Steam will not accept games in a pre-alpha state... Besides, Steam would also charge Frontier for the privilege of selling the game on their service

Last edited:
I just hope it's better than RCT 3. I loved building coasters and riding things in first person, but it was seriously lacking in the management area.

Planet Coaster will offer the best-ever ways to express your creativity, total freedom to make your park unique, sophisticated park management gameplay, expressive and charming crowds, and a new connected global village where players can share their creations with the Planet Coaster community.

This is what's stated on Frontiers website.

Park Management will be the deal breaker for me. I expect (due to what I've seen so far with the visuals and character) that the park management system will have just as much love given to it than the guests.

It needs to be RCT3 + 15 years of changes. It needs to involve some some sort of virtual social media, advanced safety/revenue/budgeting tools. I don't want to hire staff that has the highest amount of stars given to me out of 3 candidates. It really has to be in depth.

My fear (with RCTW at least) is that I'll spend all that time building a really nice park, to then finish it and that's it, done.

I really want to spend time, taking my time managing it to the standard that is needed to build my park fully, then to keep managing it, modernising it as the years go by.

Park Management will be the deal breaker for me. I expect (due to what I've seen so far with the visuals and character) that the park management system will have just as much love given to it than the guests.

It needs to be RCT3 + 15 years of changes. It needs to involve some some sort of virtual social media, advanced safety/revenue/budgeting tools. I don't want to hire staff that has the highest amount of stars given to me out of 3 candidates. It really has to be in depth.

My fear (with RCTW at least) is that I'll spend all that time building a really nice park, to then finish it and that's it, done.

I really want to spend time, taking my time managing it to the standard that is needed to build my park fully, then to keep managing it, modernising it as the years go by.

Couldn't agree more. If the game is to easy it will get old quickly..

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom