General Gameplay Manual gate "open/close" control while driving the ranger vehicle

Your Feature Request / Idea
Hello all!

I'm kinda new on posting here so, please bear with me...

I enjoy quite a lot the game, specially when creating enclosures and driving the ranger into specifically designed view points for it.
But, as of right now, I find it odd that every time the ranger gets close to a gate, it opens, even if that's not my intend; sometimes we might need to design the enclosure with an access close to the view point, but, in reality; the gate shouldn't open just because we pass by it since it poses a high security risk.

I mean, I can see the usefulness of having automatic gates; but I'd like to suggest introducing some interface to open/close them while driving the ranger vehicle, just like the "re-stock feeder" feature already implemented in-game. I can see some people having trouble with this suggestion so, maybe we could use a toggle for the "automatic open/close for gates" setting??

Thank you Frontier, you're making an awesome game. Keep up the good work.

I think you should be able to lock a gate but for me that would be more so the AI driver doesn't / can't use it. I'm less sure about opening/closing from the driver's seat - though I can see logic of the idea - but because if you have an emergency in a pen and have to wait for the gate to open, it adds tension (I want to get there quickly but these are dangerous creatures! Must wait for gate).

Even if you could lock a gate I feel driving up to it (rather than a menu switch) would still be the way to unlock it, meaning a even locked gate would open if you drive too close. Reason is you can build a double gate (some pics on one of my islands, link). So if worst happens and a dinosaur does get through a gate you triggered accidentally, unless you drive right into a double gate you'll be too far from the second door to trigger accidentally, so no broken security. ((In a double system there's no 'open door' to trigger the dinosaur into trying to get out but even this seems to be roleplay; It's only my experience but I've never had a dinosaur try to follow the jeep through a gate, it only seems to happen if you use the menu and actively leave a gate open)).

I do think it would add a lot to the game if the gates did have more option.
+1 virtual rep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom