Newcomer / Intro Marco Qwent Question for the Sirius Permit

Some people try to collect all the permits, simply because they can and it gives them something to do while waiting for other stuff to happen in-game. FD once said "all the permits are there for a reason", so if there's no obvious reason for a permit right now, there might be a reason one day, and already gaining the permit will let you skip the queue.

Many explorers will sell a 10 million credit page of exploration data to become insta-Allied with a permit-issuing faction, to shortcut the permit-attainment process. You can combine permit-locking with Road to Riches "exploration" to simultaneously gain credits, unlock permits and work towards Elite Exploration.
Thanks! I try to "unlock" all that I can, or gain the highest Rank. About a month or so ago I was doing to the SOTHIS / CEOS Data Delivery missions to unlock the Fed Vette. I hit what I needed and bailed on the last 2 Ranks, since I was just getting burnt and had the Vette open to me. Went out and explored to hit Elite in Exploration. Came back and decided to finish off Admiral, since why not, it was something to do. Glad I did because all those Anacondas they send out to chase you down have lots of G5 material they drop, and they help a lot with Combat Rank. I think each one is worth at least 1 point toward Elite in Combat, and right now I am only 27% Master, so I have a ways to go and lots of these easy to kill Condas to kill. I wish I had picked up what they drop the first time around, had no idea they were dropping all that G5 material, especially Pharmaceutical Isolators! I should be doing SOTHIS / CEOS for the next week, will get Admiral, be much closer to Elite in Combat and have a storage full of G5's! It's a triple win, even though I can't see the point of Admiral, but maybe you need it for something, or will, at least it's paying off in other stuff, big time! :)

Hey there, I have a different issue with Marco. I have the Sirius permit but I cannot get the invitation for Quent.
I have reached level 5 with Elvira Martuk but I have not received an invitation. Not sure what else to do.
Does anyone have any advice on getting the invitation for Quent?

Hey there, I have a different issue with Marco. I have the Sirius permit but I cannot get the invitation for Quent.
I have reached level 5 with Elvira Martuk but I have not received an invitation. Not sure what else to do.
Does anyone have any advice on getting the invitation for Quent?
Get allied with Sirius (sounds like you've done). Anywhere they are. Once u get allied they will hand out a Sirius permit mission (mine was not even a mission, just straight up Permit handed to me at Davy Dock in Procyon). Once you get into Sirius the "Engineer" invitation will come in the form of yet another mission in their station. Might just take some board rolls, but once you get Allied, Permit, and go to their location, the Invitation will come, just might take some board logging or waiting. Oh, and if I remember correctly (for others) the Sirius Permit itself would NOT come until I went closer to Sirius HQ. I think you need to be within 20LYs, I got it in DAVY Dock in Procyon. I got Allied at Titus Station, but the Sirius Permit never came until I went to Procyon, if that helps someone else ;)

Last edited:
Get allied with Sirius (sounds like you've done). Anywhere they are. Once u get allied they will hand out a Sirius permit mission (mine was not even a mission, just straight up Permit handed to me at Davy Dock in Procyon). Once you get into Sirius the "Engineer" invitation will come in the form of yet another mission in their station. Might just take some board rolls, but once you get Allied, Permit, and go to their location, the Invitation will come, just might take some board logging or waiting. Oh, and if I remember correctly (for others) the Sirius Permit itself would NOT come until I went closer to Sirius HQ. I think you need to be within 20LYs, I got it in DAVY Dock in Procyon. I got Allied at Titus Station, but the Sirius Permit never came until I went to Procyon, if that helps someone else ;)
Thanks. I'll have to give that a try.
It seems strange to me that all the other engineers invite you when you have got to a certain level with a previous engineer but Qwent doesn't.

Thanks. I'll have to give that a try.
It seems strange to me that all the other engineers invite you when you have got to a certain level with a previous engineer but Qwent doesn't.
From what I remember, this was one of the more confusing or harder Permits and Invitations to get. But yeah, if you have the Sirius Permit already, the Invitation Mission, or whatever it was, should roll around, but you need to be in Sirius HQ, if I remember right. Good luck, but you won't need luck, just patience and I believe checking the board at Patterson Enterprise. And one of the more messed up things about Marco Q., is that you only need him to get to what you really want, Professor Palin! Otherwise, he's pretty much useless.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch, Red House!
I went to Patterson station and the first thing on the list was the Qwent invitation mission.
Now I know I just have to grind out 24 Modular Terminals missions.
Oh well, this gave me an excuse to buy a new ship and kit it out for passenger missions.

Thanks a bunch, Red House!
I went to Patterson station and the first thing on the list was the Qwent invitation mission.
Now I know I just have to grind out 24 Modular Terminals missions.
Oh well, this gave me an excuse to buy a new ship and kit it out for passenger missions.
Awesome, glad I could help! Now you can put me on your "Don't Kill" list 👍😄 By the way, I don't think Dav's Hope has the Modular Terminals but, if you have not been here, GO and load up on all kinds of other stuff that you can use to trade at a Trader for those Mod Terminals. Me personally, I don't think I have ever, in all my years of playing, ran a Mission for any item(s) I've needed. I always hit a Trader, or if it's an easy RAW material, a planet and blast rocks for it. Anyway, Dav's Hope is very helpful for trade material.

Last edited:
.......By the way, I don't think Dav's Hope has the Modular Terminals but, ........

Modular Terminals are a commodity, not a manufactured engineering material. MTs can only be obtained via a mission reward, you cannot trade for them as they are not a material.

... Me personally, I don't think I have ever, in all my years of playing, ran a Mission for any item(s) I've needed...

So you must have.

Dav's only goes up to some G4 manufactured materials anyway.

Modular Terminals are a commodity, not a manufactured engineering material. MTs can only be obtained via a mission reward, you cannot trade for them as they are not a material.

So you must have.

Dav's only goes up to some G4 manufactured materials anyway.
Hmm, then I wonder where I got mine. It's been a while, but I know I have never ran a mission for any reward of materials, like Mod Terminals. And yeah, Dav's Hope is not for many G4 mats and no G5, and hardly any G4 at that, but good for trading up. I have no idea then where I got my Mod Terminals. Are you certain they are not available to trade at a Manufactured Trader? I'll have to check that when I log on later, I am almost certain that's how I got mine, or maybe I scooped them up from signals sources. Thanks! :) ... I think I know where I got my "MTs", I think I got them from a Fleet Carrier, if I remember correctly. I am looking through my ENG list, and see Mod Terms @ "FC" with what must be the name of the carrier where I bought them. I need to keep better notes.
mts.png

Last edited:
Hmm, then I wonder where I got mine. It's been a while, but I know I have never ran a mission for any reward of materials, like Mod Terminals. And yeah, Dav's Hope is not for many G4 mats and no G5, and hardly any G4 at that, but good for trading up. I have no idea then where I got my Mod Terminals. Are you certain they are not available to trade at a Manufactured Trader? I'll have to check that when I log on later, I am almost certain that's how I got mine, or maybe I scooped them up from signals sources. Thanks! :) ... I think I know where I got my "MTs", I think I got them from a Fleet Carrier, if I remember correctly. I am looking through my ENG list, and see Mod Terms @ "FC" with what must be the name of the carrier where I bought them. I need to keep better notes.

Ah yes there was a player group (East India Company?) that used to hoard all sorts of stuff you could trade for with them. I never really considered that the fleet carriers now give the opportunity to actually trade in the items. (y)

You cannot trade for them via a materials trader though and I don't remember ever seeing any as salvage - could be wrong there though.

The point is still that they are only produced as mission rewards, it is good that there is now more of an opportunity to obtain them otherwise. So it would seem that FCs actually have a use beyond spawning Orange Sidewinders. ;)

Here is the INARA page confirming your EDDB locations:

inara MTs.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes there was a player group (East India Company?) that used to hoard all sorts of stuff you could trade for with them. I never really considered that the fleet carriers now give the opportunity to actually trade in the items. (y)

You cannot trade for them via a materials trader though and I don't remember ever seeing any as salvage - could be wrong there though.

The point is still that they are only produced as mission rewards, it is good that there is now more of an opportunity to obtain them otherwise. So it would seem that FCs actually have a use beyond spawning Orange Sidewinders. ;)

Here is the INARA page confirming your EDDB locations:

View attachment 187194
I knew I didn't get them from a Mission. I rarely, if ever, do missions unless it's 100% must, like data delivery for Rank stuff. Thanks for the confirm! I was racking my skull on where I got those! ;)

I remember getting allied with everyone to get a modular terminal mission but it was unnecessary - a passenger mission for 36 of them popped up with a cordial minor faction.

Yes there was a period where they were only available from passenger missions. I suspect it was a ploy by FDev to force people to actually do those type of missions (it was the first time since the beta that introduced them that I actually did one).

Top Bottom