Dinosaurs Marine Reptiles

Your Feature Request / Idea
This is something much of the community would like to see. As i hear, Frontier may have already said offhand that they will be working on it down the line, but i can't say that for sure and given the nature of this forum, it's nice to have this here to measure community interest.

Basically this encompasses the addition of all types of marine reptiles, which i wont list here due to forum rules as this is larger than a specific dino pack request.

The way i would prefer this is if we could somehow make enclosures in deep waters, like lagoons or the ocean. Maybe if we are given Deep Water we could make inland lakes big enough to hold these but that stretches the imagination. I am also against the idea of making this specific to one large building, the way the Mosa was contained in the movies. It would restrict building too much i fear.

I know this is a very large task due to the extremely different way these animals would have to move and the buildings they will require to be viewed, fed and the ways in which they will be managed, so naturally i understand that it will take a lot of time and likely come in as full fledged DLC. I think that's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
I agree on the rework bit, although i think it's more likely we will get entirely new Islands if this comes with an actual DLC. That said, Nublar would be incapable of hosting these creatures without a rework and it is currently the only playable map in Challenge mode.

A great suggestion.

Like the carnivores perhaps live bait can also be implement here as well. (Like throwing in a shark for the Mosasaurus to hunt down would be great!)

Adding to that the camera view would also be interesting underwater when this is implemented; watching them hunt their prey underwater would be pretty cool.

Aquatic Pen. This would house several of the Aquatic Dinos! Mosasaur, Plesiosaur and Megalodon! So many options other than these as well. This can also make a Seafood asset Restaurant, Some new viewing platforms!

We need a dlc like this. I think this would be one of the highest requestet fan wishes.

Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurus, Ichthyosaurus, Nothosaurus and some other marine reptiles should add the roster of species to breed by adding marine habitats to the game.

I already said I'm in favour of it. However, this would require some reworking of the island maps.

I don't think they would need a rework. Just a further development of terrain tools for adding deep water AND fix terrain constraints. Basically, any lagoon you place with deep enough water could house marine reptiles, but considering they would need space just like the ground animals do and that they could also interact with shore visitors, that would pose a new mechanic.

We need a dlc like this. I think this would be one of the highest requestet fan wishes.

Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurus, Ichthyosaurus, Nothosaurus and some other marine reptiles should add the roster of species to breed by adding marine habitats to the game.

If I might suggest a few more aquatic reptiles to the list as well as the ones you've already named:

Plesiosaurs:
- Plesiosaurus
- Elasmosaurus

Pliosaurs:
- Kronosaurus
- Liopleurodon

Mosasaurs:
- Mosasaurus, huge and classic mosasaur
- Prognathodon, huge and heavily built
- Tylosaurus, large but more slenderly built
- Halisaurus, nice small mosasaur
- Globidens, the nut cracking mosasaur

Ichthyosaurs:
- Ichthyosaurus
- Opthalmosaurus
- Shonisaurus, one of the biggest aquatic reptiles known

Crocs:
- Dakosaurus
- Metriorhynchus
- Sarcosuchus, semi-aquatic animals could be quite interesting as well.
- Deinosuchus

Other:
- Nothosaurus
- Placodus, very ugly, but quite interesting and different
- Tanystropheus

Maybe a life bait feeder as well? It could release maybe small sharks or perhaps a Coelacanth.

If developers want to fans to be happy they need to recode the pathway to Nublar to a BETTER Nublar. It's the only way any DLCs of Aquatic or Flying nature will occur. And seriously for the love of god, open up mod support SO you team can have better content to play with. It's what Wildcard does with ARK.

At this moment in time this would be an absolute waste of resources and time, the game is in no place for an update like this maybe in 15-17 months time yeah maybe I’d be a little bit behind the idea of a dlc related to marine reptiles or flying reptiles but there’s far more pressing things that need to be added at the moment.

At this moment in time this would be an absolute waste of resources and time, the game is in no place for an update like this maybe in 15-17 months time yeah maybe I’d be a little bit behind the idea of a dlc related to marine reptiles or flying reptiles but there’s far more pressing things that need to be added at the moment.

This. There is way too much that needs to be added and fixed in the base game before they should consider tackling this. This and air dinos would have to be complete expansions in themselves considering how different they would be. Anything less and I would rather not even have them.

Yep. More animals are the last priority right now as far as I'm concerned.

As it stands, Jurassic World Evolution is at only 5 months old and yet there's a 60% discount on steam and consoles? GTAV from R* never went down in sale for nearly 4-5 years and they were providing content updates for years; still even. This game is suffering in lack of better terms of content not in dinosaurs but aesthetically pleasing things I'm sure a list longer than my arm, to the point that if sales and discounts on this game continue... Universal might scrub any investment or approval of future content.

And given what happened to Telltale games, it's apparent that my presumption is not warrant of risk. Given the amount of in lack of better terms communication, Frontier I formally ask you start a one on one with the community on your plans for this game soon.

Marine reptiles are essential for this game, because they were featured in the last two jurassic world movies.

We nee this content, so please frontier all of us are hoping for this.

reptiles we need in this expansion:
- mosasaurus
- plesiosaurus
- ichthyosaurus
- elasmosaurus
- shonisaurus
- megalodon (i know this is a fish)

- aquatic paddocks
- feeding show
- submarine tours
- underwater domes

- new buildings and facilities

I imagine that if Frontier do implement aquatic reptiles then it would only be the Mosasaurs because as I am aware there hasn't been any others in the films or the novels. That being said if any of the dinosaurs currently featured aren't mentioned in the films or novels then I don't see why having more would be an issue.

I imagine that if Frontier do implement aquatic reptiles then it would only be the Mosasaurs because as I am aware there hasn't been any others in the films or the novels. That being said if any of the dinosaurs currently featured aren't mentioned in the films or novels then I don't see why having more would be an issue.

Wasn't there a Tylosaurus in JP: the game?

Top Bottom