Marlinist Primer - MRP vs EMAB

As a reference for those CMDRs who haven't been following the Marlinist happenings - this week's CG is a choice between the NMLA-supporting Marlinist Reformation Party and the anti-NMLA Exiled Marlinist Assembly of Baltah'Sine.

"Minister Aaron Whyte, leader of the Marlinism Reformation Party, has confirmed that it aims to politically represent the Neo-Marlinist fringe."

"...a recent election in the Hyades Sector RO-P b6-2 system saw voters remove the Marlinism Reformation Party from power, after it granted asylum to survivors from the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid."

"The system’s new leader, Minister Octavia Volkov of the Exiled Marlinist Assembly of Baltah'Sine, announced:
My party believes in following Marlin Duval’s example by building independent democracies, rather than reforming the Empire."

As with most civil wars, things can get a bit confusing, but hopefully this will help you figure out which is which. (y)

It's important to bring this too:
At a meeting of the Marlinist Parliament, Minister Whyte declared:

“Not all of the Neo-Marlinist community seek a violent uprising to end the Duval family’s thousand-year dictatorship. We can help replace desperate acts of rebellion with meaningful dialogue and public pressure.”

Do not confuse NMLA with MRP

It's important to bring this too:

Do not confuse NMLA with MRP
Yes. That is a good point. People were conflating the NMLA with Marlinism as a whole - either for political reasons or genuine confusion - for a while, so it's important to mention that MRP and NMLA are different.

HOWEVER whilst it's true that MRP != NMLA, it's Whyte who missed a great chance at highlighting this distinction. Post bombing he just went with:
'we invited this tragedy upon ourselves'

I feel that this conflict would have had more nuance if Whyte had condemned the bombing but highlighted the sense of powerlessness amongst peaceful Neo-Marlinists - whereas Volkov was preempting an investigation and acting against the will of Parliament.

Instead, Whyte blames the victims and runs off to his private yacht - leaving the moral high ground (and the floor of the Marlinist Parliament) to the circling sharks.

Last edited:
QNUpIV6.gif

Yes. That is a good point. People were conflating the NMLA with Marlinism as a whole - either for political reasons or genuine confusion - for a while, so it's important to mention that MRP and NMLA are different.

HOWEVER whilst it's true that MRP != NMLA, it's Whyte who missed a great chance at highlighting this distinction. Post bombing he just went with:

I feel that this conflict would have had more nuance if Whyte had condemned the bombing but highlighted the sense of powerlessness amongst peaceful Neo-Marlinists - whereas Volkov was preempting an investigation and acting against the will of Parliament.

Instead, Whyte blames the victims and runs off to his private yacht - leaving the moral high ground (and the floor of the Marlinist Parliament) to the circling sharks.
That is true, but expected from Whyte... I'm eager to see how the Neo-marlinists will act from now on - I hope they stray true to their cause.

Top Bottom