Engineers Ships Mawu - Good Source of HGEs

Hello

Just wanted to say, sitting in Mawu System, and LOTS of HGEs. Dropping mostly Core Dynamics, Radiolic, Military Grades, Proto Heat Radiators and some other G5's. There's so many HGEs, that when I get done scooping up one load and hit Supercruise, there's at least a new one, if not a few and all within a reasonable distance, to where you can hit more than one without it timing out. I am trying to load up for trade on EFCs. If anyone knows of a place that drops Exquisite Focus Crystals, PLEASE let me know! I need like 100!

Anyway, hope someone finds that helpful. Finding a good, never ending source, of HGEs ain't easy.

Last edited:
Robigo mines has exquisite focus crystals. That's where I get mine.
These are from Passenger Missions, correct? I am not really set up for Passenger Missions but I guess I could outfit something. All the missions with EFCs tied to their reward only payout like 5 per missions. That's a freaking grind! I've checked a lot of Allied factions for EFC missions, and I ever only see like two, each paying 5 EFCs. I am just going to hit all these G5 HGEs and trade! Less work, probably? Ha! ;) I've already filled up my Core Dynamics and Proto Heat Radiators storage, took about an hour or two from basically nothing in slot, maybe I had 5 Core Dyns.

That’s why you go to Robigo Mines and stack passenger missions to Sirius Atmospherics ...
I have a little unfinished business in SOTHIS and CEOS, so... I might try that, however, a few hours spent farming HGEs gave me enough to trade for the EFCs I needed. All good and then some ;) Thanks! Heading back to MAWU, to farm up those HGEs, I don't often see them like that, nope! :)

I had a system like that the other week and setup base there for a few days - great while it lasts which was about 3 days.
Grab em while you can!
Speaking of setting up base... I think one of the coolest additions to elite dangerous that they could add is the ability to set up a "base" on a planet of your choosing. It doesn't have to be an all-out kind of No Man's Sky base but a place where you can park your ships, a place where you can store way, way more materials and just a place to call home. Obviously you can pick a station to be a base and store ships but you really can't store materials. It's very odd mechanic where you can have tons of all of these materials and encoded in your stash yet there's the concept of cargo where you can only have a limited amount as long as you have cargo racks (and can't swap ships unless you have enough cargo on that other ship) it's all just very bizarre. They should have the ability to set up a rudimentary base on a planet where you can store your ships, call home, set up defenses and store as many materials as you need. That would be such a cool addition to elite dangerous in my opinion. Maybe you get that in Fleet Carriers but I just don't have time to manage a Carrier, seems like way too much work and money to maintain. All I'd like is a "base" on a planet, or even my own small Orbital, and no upkeep cost, just maybe initial investment in resources to build and that's it. Anyway... Would like to see this before Space Legs 😉

Of course the BGS has moved on and not a one HGE the next day.
Is odd. Next day, hardly as many, if any, HGEs. I moved one system over and there they were! I've decided to take a vacation from ENG, and go out into the void. It's weird how many systems there are and how far you need to go out to find undiscovered ones. In any direction, you seem to need to be at least a few thousand LYs out before you start finding undiscovered systems. Heading "South", to the edge!

Top Bottom