Horizons Mining anaconda.

For a start I'd bin the "crutch".

Then you desperately need more collector modules,1 is just not enough, ideally 3!
also dump some of those weapons, you don't need them to mine if you mine 30k away from the RES nav marker.

For a start I'd bin the "crutch".

Then you desperately need more collector modules,1 is just not enough, ideally 3!
also dump some of those weapons, you don't need them to mine if you mine 30k away from the RES nav marker.
Thanks for the feedback! The original plan was to sit in a low or high RES when I get comfortable enough with the turrets and a wing mate to pick up bounties alongside the mining.
So 3 collectors is one prospector enough?

First off, I'd replace the 8E power plant with an 8D. In your current config, you're powering off your cargo hatch when you deploy. Your poor collectors will have no where to go. You'll also shave off 80T which helps your jump range. You're also power off your FSD when you deploy which nowadays takes a few seconds to power back up when you want to make a quick getaway. An 8D will power everything you have. If you have the coin, a 6A power plant would be even better, imho, in terms of weight and heat management.

I'd also use medium mining lasers instead of smalls to speed things up if that matters to you. For the same reason I would configure another collector.

Finally, I would swap the docking computer for an advanced discovery scanner but that's more of a personal preference thing.

small hardpoints are REALLY bad mining lasers, take at leats 1 medium. Also if you don't wanna wait ages take 6 limpets (a single Medium mining laser easily keeps them busy)

this is mine currently it's still unfinished due to money issues ^^, but does the job fine. when i am done mining deactivate the internals and activate the shieldboosters to get more safety travel shields.

Focus on getting D components first to reduce weight and up your FSD to Aclass to make traveling around less of a pain.

you don't need point defence, because you will hardly get shot by so many missiles. Also, chaff on a ship with this size diesn't really helps. And your current build should also not overheat so no reason for heatsinks.

Last edited:
I can't see your build (I'm at work) but my mining Anaconda has 2 prospectors and 7 collectors, 2 med mining lasers (on the large and huge hardpoints under the ship). I find that works quite well but more prospectors might be useful...

I can't see your build (I'm at work) but my mining Anaconda has 2 prospectors and 7 collectors, 2 med mining lasers (on the large and huge hardpoints under the ship). I find that works quite well but more prospectors might be useful...

currently as long as prospectors kill the nearest ones they are kinda useless in numbers above 1. you would always have to finish mining the asteroid before being able to deploy another one or unpower the controller to blow them up to be able to shoot multiple again.

Last edited:
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=706,5...a9Y8SCgD88I,0Bk0AA0AA0AA08c5Vk5Vk0bg4_w7RA5uk

Used it for pristine ring mining. First time I took a discovery scanner instead of a cargo rack but after that you don't need the scanner so can convert. Never needed anything else :p

If you want a cheaper version drop the weapons, powerplant and distributor but this version allows you to mince any NPC pirates that come your way. If you like it risky then drop the thrusters too but I'd be nervous at that point.

Deleted member 38366

D
Based on personal Anaconda Mining experiences :

Running 2x Class2 Mining Lasers and 2x Class1 Mining Lasers seems to be the optimal Mining speed (A-Grade Power Distributor), as on 4 Pips WPN this depletes the Asteroid about the same time the Capacitor normally starts drying up.
(plus I never liked holding the Trigger for an extremely long time ;) )

The free time gained from quicker depletion of the Asteroid and while the Collectors run to collect can be used to fire new Prospectors and locate the next suitable Mining Target in the meantime.
That also helped in case you get "Cargo hold at maximum capacity" while still Collecting, as every Prospector fired off frees another ton of space.

Moving the Anaconda's (or any Ship's) Cargo Hatch approx. ~30m directly above the fragment Cloud enables "Turbo-Collecting" and massively speeds Collector Drones up if done right and the Asteroid/Fragment cloud permits for it.
Then, even a mere 2-3 Collectors scoop faster than 8 Collectors having to travel 400m and take their usual rectangular routing. Fragment-to-Fragment time for a single Collector can be as low as ~1 Second under optimal conditions.

On the Capacity limit, the Shield Generator Class makes the biggest difference... that's personal preference of course.
On the rest, I always liked 2 separate Prospectors (fired alternating) while moving forward, and 6 Collectors (2x 5A Collector Internals).
That worked best for me when prospecting for specific ores (i.e. Palladium/Platinum/Painite).

Last edited by a moderator:
currently as long as prospectors kill the nearest ones they are kinda useless in numbers above 1. you would always have to finish mining the asteroid before being able to deploy another one or unpower the controller to blow them up to be able to shoot multiple again.

While I kinda agree this is not true. Yes it is a pain that you can not select which prospector to replace but you can fire off a group at once either find one (or more if very lucky) then power off/on and fire off another group. This is quicker than firing one at a time.

While I kinda agree this is not true. Yes it is a pain that you can not select which prospector to replace but you can fire off a group at once either find one (or more if very lucky) then power off/on and fire off another group. This is quicker than firing one at a time.

its not entirely quicker, and kinda impossible to probe while you still mine a roid.

I would strongly suggest replacing your Prospector Limpet Controller with a cargo rack, and using a high rated, low class prospector controller in one of your lower internal slots. Make sure you have 6 collectors, and max your cargo space.

I also agree that you need mining lasers in at least medium hardpoints.

I made a fortune mining with my Python in the pristine metallic ring in my home system approx 1800ls from the hub. I originally had her rigged for 228 ton but as I was only interested in the 3 P's plus gold, osmium and beryllium it was taking me over 4hrs to fill her up which worked out at around 3.5 - 4.0mcr a trip. I am patient but found it was easier to cut the load to 128 ton which I could fill up in a couple of hours or less and go for a second trip if I was in the mood. If you are going mining in an Anaconda which will load 352 ton if you put in a 5A shield generator.+ 2x3A Collectors + 1x1A Prospector( I found that having the 3A prospector was a complete waste of time) + a 4A Refinery then either you fill her up with the first 352 ton of whatever which will be quick but if you are going only for the good stuff then I hope you have a lot of patience. I kept away from the RES sites in our ring so maybe there are a higher percentage of P's there and you will fill up a bit quicker but you say you will be about 30ls from them. Personally speaking I think the Anaconda is not a good choice for mining high value cargo unless you have an awful lot of patience.

Top Bottom