Horizons Misleading help for traders

I am still grinding the trading trail and when I want to find a good deal, I have been using the Roguey website.
Problem is, all his deals are false. Low buy and high sell deals are untrue. I even suffered a loss from a deal he said was a high profit at one time.

Do any of you traders have an idea where a true trader help can be found?

Have you tried common sense, i.e., buying from markets with few nearby consumers and selling to markets with few nearby producers?

When using those programs keep your eye on the age of the data supplied more than a few days, especially the high profit runs dry up quickly.

I am still grinding the trading trail and when I want to find a good deal, I have been using the Roguey website.
Problem is, all his deals are false. Low buy and high sell deals are untrue. I even suffered a loss from a deal he said was a high profit at one time.
Woh, sorry to hear. How up-to date was the data you were using? is anyone else noticing problem with the trade-runs? I guess you were checking the best runs? I checked a couple of uns myself, and it seem things were correct?

If the data was old, then there isnt much I can do about that. Prices can change.

Last edited:

Woh, sorry to hear. How up-to date was the data you were using? is anyone else noticing problem with the trade-runs? I guess you were checking the best runs?

with the new state depending supply numbers and purchase and sell prices of 2.1. pretty much any data older than 6 days only gives you a hint of sources, and only routes with data >24 h (> background simulation tick) are fairly accurate.

that said - the galaxy map shows state now in time, and with a bit of knowledge about state effects, you can easily find very good trades by using rogue for sources, and galaxy map to check for the appropriate states.

with the new state depending supply numbers and purchase and sell prices of 2.1. pretty much any data older than 6 days only gives you a hint of sources, and only routes with data >24 h (> background simulation tick) are fairly accurate.
Well its a mixed bag for me. I could tighten up the helpers - make them show data only from the previous 7 days. But, not every station gets updated weekly and still have valid runs/equipment/etc. I might adjust the colour of the symbols to make it a little clearer since the 2.1 changes (Green for under a day, under 5 days yellow, and over red). Hopefully this might make it a little clearer. I always print the last updated time, so commanders can make their own decisions. Sometimes data can be old, but still correct.

Last edited:
There is a market policy, too bad no one knows what is, all those other tools have a huge margin of error.

btw why so many empty markets ?

When there are goods are always the same.

Some pretend to understand the logic that does not exist.

Well its a mixed bag for me. I could tighten up the helpers - make them show data only from the previous 7 days. But, not every station gets updated weekly and still have valid runs/equipment/etc. I might adjust the colour of the symbols to make it a little clearer since the 2.1 changes (Green for under a day, under 5 days yellow, and over red). Hopefully this might make it a little clearer. I always print the last updated time, so commanders can make their own decisions. Sometimes data can be old, but still correct.

I'm wondering whether it would be possible/helpfull to calculate prices/routes independent of (boom, outbreak...)states... or to mark data special when it comes from a certain state.

Become part of the solution and use eddb.io along with the client for updating info on all the systems you visit yourself. That helps everyone.

Last edited:
Woh, sorry to hear. How up-to date was the data you were using? is anyone else noticing problem with the trade-runs? I guess you were checking the best runs? I checked a couple of uns myself, and it seem things were correct?

If the data was old, then there isnt much I can do about that. Prices can change.

Become part of the solution and use eddb.io along with the client for updating info on all the systems you visit yourself. That helps everyone.

I guess the timing is a big thing to get wrong data. Also I am hanging around the same area all the time till the missions become 0/0 so I start looking for a quick deal.
I do find eddb.io a bit over my head so I have not tried it yet.
And the state of the systems are a bit hard for me to remember.
I also have gotten friendly with a heap of groups (For a want of a better name) so don't want to travel to far away.
I have started playing a little less hoping for trade to improve, but I guess I should practice the eddb.io in the meantime. (I'm not to keen on adding aftermarket things for most games though)
Also, thanks for the input. (wish my memory was better, but at my age it will only get worse)

Generally when using eddb I make a profit when promised but it is very rarely close to promised. Probably still the safest way to profit.
What I'm hoping is eddb will get more info on passenger missions. They seem like they update faster, I'd love leads on where I can find passengers I meet requirements for without searching station boards.

I guess the timing is a big thing to get wrong data. Also I am hanging around the same area all the time till the missions become 0/0 so I start looking for a quick deal.

if you are hanging around the same region, you'll know which economies are around (or get that info from the galaxy map) - most easy way is to trade between systems in boom (you can filter the galaxy map for that). here is a list i prepared for 2.2. of what to buy in boom where and to sell in which economy under which state:

PsOnCeX.png

... if you combine that with rogue for exampel, to source commodities incase, you'll make good profit.

I'm wondering whether it would be possible/helpfull to calculate prices/routes independent of (boom, outbreak...)states... or to mark data special when it comes from a certain state.
I dont think the state of a station/system is sent by EDDN? I guess that would have to be entered in manually?

I dont think the state of a station/system is sent by EDDN? I guess that would have to be entered in manually?

i'm not sure which kind of info can be drawn from the new commanders log ... my impression is, state is part of that. whether eddn uses it, i don't know either (I'm just a happy user of all those fanatstic tools you guys are programming :) )

Top Bottom