Newcomer / Intro Mission - 'Fetch the XXX widget from a settlement' - message disappears

Sometimes the message (in the top right of the HUD) disappears. This is important, as the message usually contains the code to open the container
Is there any way of restoring the message, or should I just memorise/write down the code when it first appears...?

You can also hack a data terminal to find the objective and code
This is true, but it means carrying around an E-breach and risking getting scanned.
(Q: if you hack a terminal with an E-Breach and leg it, will the local guards still connect you to the hack....?)

if you hack a terminal with an E-Breach and leg it, will the local guards still connect you to the hack
I found out the hard way that if you hack a terminal, get away with it, but then come back to check on something and a civilian sees you using it, gets you shot at ;)

Guards will go into alert mode if they see a hacked terminal, though, so best to only do ones that have no patrolling guards going past them. Or eliminate the guards first.

This is true, but it means carrying around an E-breach and risking getting scanned.
(Q: if you hack a terminal with an E-Breach and leg it, will the local guards still connect you to the hack....?)
You don't need an ebreach to hack a terminal. If it's not powered, use your charge tool to power it up.

You don't need an ebreach to hack a terminal. If it's not powered, use your charge tool to power it up.
That still won't give you access to anything above 0, unless you've stolen an ID elsewhere. The ebreach gives you full access. So it does have occasional uses. I've kinda stopped using them myself. Too much trouble :)

Top Bottom