Mission Frustrations

This has happened to me several times since I began playing, and again today is a good sample (sorry, I don't know where else to post this);

I had a mission to deliver Survival Equipment out to Katzenstein Dock in 36 Ophiuchi, a very long run much like making the trip for a Hutton Mug. Of course, I was given a message that hostile ships would be sent against me, which indeed did appear once I entered the destination system, informing me they were after me. I'm in a DBE, and I raced around the star on arrival full throttle FSD and headed towards the destination... Hari and Rachel in their Vipers (a 'Master' and a 'Novice') hot on my tail, looking to interdict. I somehow managed to get out front and out run them (o_O), hitting over 1700c enroute, putting a 14.2Kls lead on Rachel, with Hari more than twice that distance behind her. And so we went, the two of them chasing me all the way to Katzenstein Dock.

Half way there, an Adder pops in out of nowhere. No name, no ID of any kind, just "Adder". It was over 55Kls ls to my left and chased me for a bit too, but then just vanished after a while. Weird. I've seen this phantom Adder several times over the past few days, always the same scenario... no name, no ID, heads towards me for a bit, then vanishes. Is it a hacker or some manner of game bug? I have no idea.

So, I arrive at Katzenstein Dock, coming in too fast, I cut the throttle and pulled a hard turn around during the slowdown and headed straight in for the dock. My two hostiles overshot me, and I'll assume pulled the same maneuver, right on my tail, so precise. I'm now less than 1KM out from the dock, and I'm interdicted by Rachel. Beating the interdiction, the second I'm out, I'm interdicted again by Hari... I beat him too. Immediately after, I did a scan of all surrounding ships, there were 5 ... not a single one of them was either of my pursuers. Where did they go? How can this be? They just vaporize? Neither of them had time enough to warp out without my seeing them, or at the very least not Hari. What gives? This is so annoying. What kind of game mechanic is this? It's not right, not fair. Something here stinks. :mad:

Half way there, an Adder pops in out of nowhere. No name, no ID of any kind, just "Adder".

Until you get a partial scan, only the name of the ship will be visible.

Beating the interdiction, the second I'm out, I'm interdicted again by Hari... I beat him too. Immediately after, I did a scan of all surrounding ships, there were 5 ... not a single one of them was either of my pursuers. Where did they go? How can this be? They just vaporize? Neither of them had time enough to warp out without my seeing them, or at the very least not Hari. What gives? This is so annoying. What kind of game mechanic is this? It's not right, not fair. Something here stinks. :mad:

If someone (NPC or CMDR) attempts to interdict you and fails, they still drop out of SC and face a long FSD cooldown when the tunnel game is complete. You slipped their tether, and they suffered an unsafe SC drop.

If you look at your contacts pane, you should be able to see their low wakes, but occasionally this does not register.

Until you get a partial scan, only the name of the ship will be visible.

If someone (NPC or CMDR) attempts to interdict you and fails, they still drop out of SC and face a long FSD cooldown when the tunnel game is complete. You slipped their tether, and they suffered an unsafe SC drop.

If you look at your contacts pane, you should be able to see their low wakes, but occasionally this does not register.
As I switch through all the ships in the area, pausing a moment on each, it usually brings up the basic information even if the ship is behind me. If the ship is within my forward scan cone, I get full information short of actually locking onto it. Even this partial method yielded nothing. Next time I see this Adder, I'll turn right towards him and see what a full lock on yields.

Also next time, I will check the contacts panel... I didn't think to do that previously.

Top Bottom