Mod toolkit for custom animals

Something like the (long forgotten) official animal editor that Zoo Tycoon 1 had, to let people create their own animals. Obviously, it would be waaaaay more complicated than it was back in ZT1 days. But an officially released framework that would let creators design new kinds of real-world animals and put them on the Steam workshop would be really interesting. This could conflict with potential DLC animals however, so perhaps it would be released late in the game's lifecycle. I would just love a modding community similar to the one out there for the Zoo Tycoon series. Thoughts?

I don't think we would be able to create our own animals, but my guess is the Thememaker Toolkit that PlanCo has, will be ported to PlanZoo and you would be able to create your own scenery objects.

It's the same with Planco, we can't make rides and coasters, once we can do that, there is no value in making DLC's.

Well, first of all, the more stuff you can do and the more freedom you have, the better the game is.
It would increase the amount of content beyond what is possible with any Dev team, making the base game appeal to much more audiences. And besides, what us users can create won't be even nearly as realistic as what Frontier could come up with. And they are still the only ones who can implement new game mechanics, which is what DLC should be, mainly imagining an aquatic expansion pack.

Top Bottom