Modes Modes are still here, right?

Lol, If you say so.

Don't need to say so, I've proved so. But if you'd like to offer actual evidence to the contrary I'd welcome it.

Remember when Dove Enigma was taken down in solo mode with UAs?

How do you know it was done in solo mode? How do you know it was not people in PG's or even in Open in another instance... you don't. Even if someone claims they did. All you have is the claim. Plus again... Dove Enigma is not a player anything.

It was still like the biggest article on many gaming magazines about GRIEFING this year and had very much to do with quite a lot of players xD
I'm speculating that the whole point of this UA operation was to cause misery to a certain player who that megaship is named after as well, good that it didn't work out tho.

But as you said, I don't know for sure. It still might have happened in solo, so it's quite possible to grief people even through solo mode.

It was still like the biggest article on many gaming magazines about GRIEFING this year and had very much to do with quite a lot of players xD
I'm speculating that the whole point of this UA operation was to cause misery to a certain player who that megaship is named after as well, good that it didn't work out tho.

But as you said, I don't know for sure. It still might have happened in solo, so it's quite possible to grief people even through solo mode.

"Might" again all conjecture... all that is known is that people UA bombed a megaship... and again not knowing the modes they were in ... people meta alloyed the mega ship as well. No idea what mode all participants on either side were in.

And again players were not griefed, no players were attacked or anything. Even reading one of the articles on it.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/30/1...igma-expedition-ua-bombing-dove-enigma-cancer

“All that remains is a respectless and despicable, but ultimately meaningless act, that in my humble opinion got way too much upwind. ... The positive side is the incredible supportive echo it caused.”

"the biggest article on many gaming magazines about GRIEFING"

Yeah, because those folks know what they are talking about.... /s

Seriously, the main source of gaming misinformation comes from "gaming" magazines.
They are either paid to say nice things about a game by the game Devs, or paid by the games competitors to trash it.

Heck, there was a whole scandal about a game journalist who was bed jumping for good reviews.
(weirdly, it was a "scandal" because it was a female journalist doing it, men doing it isn't an issue apparently! )
So you really shouldn't put any faith in "honest" reviews in any "game magazine" right now.
As you don't know if they were paid, or in bed for the review.

As for UAs, Frontier has patched out their effectiveness anyway. So that's a moot point now.
But even in their peak, you could carry them in Open Mode and not be stopped due to the games instancing.
Plus even in Open mode, you have a "Block" feature, to help filter out who you see when playing.

So your whole idea of "griefing from Solo" is nothing more that a scary story, like the "boogeyman".
Something we tell children so they behave.

I saw a lot of players get very sad and angry when it happened, so I'd say it was a pretty successful griefing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

Even that polygon article calls it's griefing:
"It’s an awful lot of effort to grief another player, especially one who is terminally ill."

It just didn't work against Enigma personally because he didn't really care that much about their shenanigans, but it definitely affected other players who got irritated because of the whole despicable act done towards a terminally ill dude who organised an event for the community while gathering funding for a hospital.

Ships don't have to blow up to cause grief.

I'll meet you halfway and suggest that this didn't happen in solo.. but perhaps it happened in MOBIUS :D

Last edited:
Solo is where its at.

I've been able to get so much work done in solo mode without anyone stopping me from doing it.

I never knew there would be a game that was conflict free while attacking another player or group of players.

I was dumb and played open from the beginning. Had I of known I could have just skipped all that engineering. Learning how to PVP, and use fixed weapons is all a moot point now.

I should have tried this out sooner!

Best multiplayer feature ever!

And if I am in open, I can use the block feature or the 15 second timer.

Thanks for teaching me the game guys!

About time you figured out the real game. All that bluster and horse hockey about knowing, blah blah....down the tubes. Here we sit with the same game, the same issues, and all the fun that can be mustered!!

Now...the real question....will you stay...or will you go?

Last edited:
I saw a lot of players get very sad and angry when it happened, so I'd say it was a pretty successful griefing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

Even that polygon article calls it's griefing:
"It’s an awful lot of effort to grief another player, especially one who is terminally ill."

It just didn't work against Enigma personally because he didn't really care that much about their shenanigans, but it definitely affected other players who got irritated because of the whole despicable act done towards a terminally ill dude who organised an event for the community while gathering funding for a hospital.

Ships don't have to blow up to cause grief.

I'll meet you halfway and suggest that this didn't happen in solo.. but perhaps it happened in MOBIUS :D

YOu harass someone by that definition it is griefing... and even with the megaship where was the harassing? No player themself was harassed. Yes the Megaship was messed up but the players themselves were not harassed.

I think that is one of the issues is that people want to look at the BGS and anything done to it by someone else as personally affecting them. It isn't. Someone in the same mode as you blocking landing pads on purpose, ramming you, shooting you, etc.. that could be construed as harassment.

About time you figured out the real game. All that bluster and horse hockey about knowing, blah blah....down the tubes. Here we sit with the same game, the same issues, and all the fun that can be mustered!!

Now...the real question....will you stay...or will you go?

Staying. Because they expressed they wanted to fix it.

Regardless if its been done yet or not.

Top Bottom