Module storage. My tiny little RANT.

Edit: currently a bug that greys out the option to transfer, with the attached following message: " insufficient credits". Though not true if you are swapping modules in the same station. Very confusing, and should be fixed.

Last edited:
Good job FD. Good job.

A fee for moving modules inside the same station?
How could you even         it up like this?

I took the trouble to travel 300ly in my corvette (that's a lot of jumps) in order to go back to the station where my anaconda was stored.
I switched out all of my modules inside the SAME station, stripping my corvette in order to refit my Annie...

The powerplant ALONE costs me over 120 million credits to move from A to B, and thus the double when I'll be wanting to go back to my Vette. For that price, I might just as well buy a new one.
I don't even want to imagine what total price would be the swap of all of my modules while still being INSIDE THE SAME        **G station.

Now I'm stuck. I do own a little amount of cash. But I cannot retrofit any of my ships anymore. Why the hell would I be paying the same price as for a new module while owning one inside the SAME station?
So I'll be bothering the support.

Just. No. Bad game design. Bad user experience. I grade this F for Fail.

Tho there are some threads about this, I support any of them :)

+++

I was and am still angry about this. From experience, I know a dev doesn't always try his game to the fullest.

This kind of also came through because prices are 10% on the beta servers... But seriously, how could you forget this?

They added a cost to transfer a module at the same station? That's new. In beta it was free if you were at the same station, it only cost to move the module to another station.

It doesn't seem right.

Well either it's a but either they added it. But the result is that I'm left with two bareboned ships :/ And I don't feel like grinding half a billion again ^^' Without even taking the engineer modifications...

I'm about to go in-game myself now. I'll see if I have the same problem.

If so, I'm going to file a ticket on it.

I'll post back here once I see.

Ok I just tried this.

There is still NO cost to transfer a stored module to your ship, as long as you're at the same station where the module was stored.

Are you getting confused by the interface, because it IS kind of weird?

I made a short video of me doing it, to verify.

[video=youtube_share;6z9WQOCboeM]https://youtu.be/6z9WQOCboeM[/video]

I have been storing passenger racks, cargo racks, and utility modules in a station, and I don't pay any fee when I change them according to needs.
Can'ttell about the primary modules, though. Never tried storing them.

If you try to actually REMOVE a primary module, you'll have to pay to replace it with an E-grade one, because the space can't be empty. But you get that back when you put the actual one in.

Really weird. Some modules are greyed out as if they were unavailable and displayed the following message "insuffiscient credits"... But yet they can still be fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom