More piscivores

In JWE there were 4 piscivores
•Spinosaurus
•Baryonyx
•Spinoraptor (Secrets of dr wu required)
•Suchomimus (Deluxe edition required)
And I think we all agree “We need more” so here is my list of favorites
•Oxalia
A large piscivore from Brazil had a large sail like spinosaurus

•Irritator
Another Smaller Brazilian piscivore

•Angaturama
Brazilian yet again slaightly larger than irritator

•Icthyovenator
A laosan piscivore bigger than Baryonyx and irritator

•siamosaurus
3rd biggest on the list lived in China and
Thailand

•Ostafrikasaurus
Tanzanian
Smallest on the list

Attachments

• 65FF6E78-5264-4D58-AA7C-B5BAFA08A7E3.jpeg
    65FF6E78-5264-4D58-AA7C-B5BAFA08A7E3.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 997C77B7-114B-466D-BB3B-AC30892B39BE.jpeg
    997C77B7-114B-466D-BB3B-AC30892B39BE.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 7D8BADA2-997A-4BDE-B971-971F5DF47309.jpeg
    7D8BADA2-997A-4BDE-B971-971F5DF47309.jpeg
    547.6 KB · Views: 113
  • BCFD0FF3-1A4D-4146-8699-570783BB6504.jpeg
    BCFD0FF3-1A4D-4146-8699-570783BB6504.jpeg
    990.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 359DBAA9-2C5F-4AE1-A485-D7C918BE31B9.jpeg
    359DBAA9-2C5F-4AE1-A485-D7C918BE31B9.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 103
  • FD55B408-3B78-4138-8EF0-7ABC4B8943D9.jpeg
    FD55B408-3B78-4138-8EF0-7ABC4B8943D9.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 296
The two recently found Isle of Wight spinosaurids would also be good additions for the list.
And the smaller theoropod Halszkaraptor is also theorized to have eaten fish. It's a rather heron-like animal, so that makes sense.

And then, there is Liaoningosaurus. A nodosaurid that has been found with fishbones in its digestive area. It's teeth are even adapted to it, inplying an entierly carnivorous or omnivorous diet. I think it'd be a neat and unique addition to the ornithischians.

Your list is kinda meh honestly... a bunch of spinosaurs? Some of them extremely fragmentary? May as well call this thread "more random spinosaurs" instead.

Now, Austroraptor of South America is a very unique dromaeosaur thought to be a piscivore.

And Masiakasaurus of Madagascar has unique teeth thought to work like a fish trap.

They aren't the top of my personal list, but it's been my observation that Irritator and Concavenator have long been popular requests. I do think we do need to get more out of the fish feeder than we got in JWE1, although it does sound like it'll see lots of use in the Aviary. Are there any piscevorous dinos outside of spinosauridae?

They aren't the top of my personal list, but it's been my observation that Irritator and Concavenator have long been popular requests. I do think we do need to get more out of the fish feeder than we got in JWE1, although it does sound like it'll see lots of use in the Aviary. Are there any piscevorous dinos outside of spinosauridae?
Austroraptor and Masiakasaurus, as I listed above, are thought to be fish eaters... on the other hand, I've never heard it suggested Concavenator was a piscivore.

Personally, if we were to get more spinosaurs, I'd want Ichthyovenator... we since found more of its bones and these show it had a fin-like structure on part of its tail.

Pelecanimimus seems to be a piscivore to some degree, the fish it eats for the animation would have to scaled down, seeing it's quite small and seems the type to swallow prey whole.

On the other side of things, the marine and aerial species are all piscivores, so a bit of diet variation might be interesting.

Tapejarids are thought to maybe be Frugivores, which might work if they've already got something close to fruit as accessory foods for the dinosaurs.

Ugh, I think Baryonyx - Suchomimus - Spinosaurus are enough to be honest.

I would love that piscovorous Raptor, but other than that, no more spinosaurids.

In JWE there were 4 piscivores
•Spinosaurus
•Baryonyx
•Spinoraptor (Secrets of dr wu required)
•Suchomimus (Deluxe edition required)
And I think we all agree “We need more” so here is my list of favorites
•Oxalia
A large piscivore from Brazil had a large sail like spinosaurus

•Irritator
Another Smaller Brazilian piscivore

•Angaturama
Brazilian yet again slaightly larger than irritator

•Icthyovenator
A laosan piscivore bigger than Baryonyx and irritator

•siamosaurus
3rd biggest on the list lived in China and
Thailand

•Ostafrikasaurus
Tanzanian
Smallest on the list
@Phenom7503 ,@Xionahri, @ I love these suggestions and I agree with you we need more piscivores in this game that are not pterosaurs or marine reptiles. I have some other species I would like to suggest that I would like to see added into the game, which are:

Vallibonavenatrix
A spinosaurid whose remains were found in Arcillas de Morella Formation located in Castellón, Spain. The species is the most complete spinosaurid specimen recovered from the Iberian Peninsula.

Eustreptospondylus
A megalosaurid from southern England that lived during the Late Jurassic period, when England was a bunch of small islands. It was an opportunistic feeder that both meat and fish. It had to swim from island to island to get enough food to survive. It was shown attempting to hunt fish and pterosaurs in the Walking with Dinosaurs documentary series.

While I agree that we don't want too many many spinosaurids in the game, we do need more land based piscivores. Personally, I would really like to see Halszkaraptor added into the game and give species preferences similar to what Compsognathus. We don't really have many small carnivores, or for that matter piscivores, that can coexist with other carnivores. In addition, it would be nice if they add Masiakasaurus into the game as a dinosaur that would eat fish and meat, but also require some fruit trees in their enclosures. (Wikipedia said some experts thought it might have eaten fruit)

Back
Top Bottom