Most discussed/requested according to us

Hey everybody
Today I wanted to discuss highly requested animals that you all have been talking about. I wanted to keep this discussion based on the most discussed/requested. With my posts titled “Potential for more: I wanted to see what animals by species were highly requested and where people’s opinions are on said animals.
If you believe a different animal is more requested feel free to correct me. Keep in mind there are some animals on this list I agree with while others I disagree with in favor of others but I will keep my opinion out.
Also I want to please skip aviary or marine ideas (I strongly support an expansion that can accommodate) but right now we don’t have them.

I think Meerkats, sloths or the white rhino are the most requested above all else. But here’s what I’ve gathered.

Bears: American black bear or Andean bear (rather have)

Feline: Tie between Amur Leopard or Cougar or Iberian lynx

Canine: Fennec Fox

Swine: Red River hog

Large Reptilian: Alligator

Big bird (non aviary type): tie between Shoebill, penguinor emu

Primate: tie between Gibbons or baboons

Mustelids: small claw otter

Vivirrids: Binturong

Rodent: capybara

Marsupial: Of all forums I’ve looked at I can’t determine which is more requested by posts of wallaby’s T devils and tree kangaroos

Pinniped: California Sea Lion

Ungulate: tie between Markor or Ibex

cervid: Moose, white tailed Deer or Roosevelt elk

Exhibit: Black Mamba

I don’t have any specifics on exhibit insects or amphibians as there isn’t any concrete support or enthusiasm for any over another.

If you feel there is an animal that is more requested please point out and feel free to mention an animal you would rather have on the above list. Please limit 1 per family as opposed to a wishlist but feel free to cover all families.

Last edited:
I think that only having one marsupial, whilst having many groups of placental mammals is a bit unbalanced.... I think it would be reasonable to include a macropod (tree kangaroo or wallaby according to your list), a dasyurid (Tassie devil from your list) and another one from the rest of the marsupials (probably wombat?)... I'd also possibly dispute Emperor Penguin specifically as one of the most requested birds - I think many people would like any species of penguin without specifying the species.

I think that only having one marsupial, whilst having many groups of placental mammals is a bit unbalanced.... I think it would be reasonable to include a macropod (tree kangaroo or wallaby according to your list), a dasyurid (Tassie devil from your list) and another one from the rest of the marsupials (probably wombat?)... I'd also possibly dispute Emperor Penguin specifically as one of the most requested birds - I think many people would like any species of penguin without specifying the species.
You are correct on the penguin part, re looked and sow that others suggest penguins not exclusive to emperor. I’ll be editing in just a moment

African leopards are pretty requested as well. Between Facebook, here and Reddit, I do believe I’ve seen more asking for African leopard than Amur leopard. Amur leopard would be nice too, but I think African leopard would be a nice addition to an African inspired pack, & because they tend to be more popular than their Amur cousins.

The only ones I'd contest are bear, ungulate, and exhibit. For what I've seen at least, most people seem to dislike the idea of another black bear on the grounds that it's too similar to what we have now. (But I'm somewhat biased because I agree.) I see sun bear, spectacled bear, and sloth bear requested more often. For ungulate, I think cervids are requested the most. We don't have a single deer species, no moose or elk/wapiti either. I see people bring this up a lot. And for exhibit, I think anacondas, cobras, and fresh water turtles might be more common than mambas. Not sure though.

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen penguins and otters are probably thee most requested two animals. There’s high demand for aviary. Meerkats,capybara,maned wolf,leopard,cougar,and African rhinos are heavily requested also. As for bears I disagree with the black bear selection I’d lean more towards sun or spectacled from what I’ve seen. And gibbons probably more favored over baboons overall. As for leopard I have to agree African is probably more requested then Amur. I like the Amur a lot but it does resemble a snow leopard a lot at least the Sri Lanka or African would offer some uniqueness. I was for the Amur at first but have since changed my mind.

Last edited:
And gibbons probably more favored over baboons overall. As for leopard I have to agree African is probably more requested then Amur. I like the Amur a lot but it does resemble a snow leopard a lot at least the Sri Lanka or African would offer some uniqueness. I was for the Amur at first but have since changed my mind.

That reminds me, I also see lots of requests for langurs and saimang. And yeah I was on team Amur at first, but now I'm rooting for Sri Lankan or Indian. I think African leopard might still be the most requested though.

The only ones I'd contest are bear, ungulate, and exhibit. For what I've seen at least, most people seem to dislike the idea of another black bear on the grounds that it's too similar to what we have now. (But I'm somewhat biased because I agree.) I see sun bear, spectacled bear, and sloth bear requested more often. For ungulate, I think cervids are requested the most. We don't have a single deer species, no moose or elk/wapiti either. I see people bring this up a lot. And for exhibit, I think anacondas, cobras, and fresh water turtles might be more common than mambas. Not sure though.
I agree on the black bear as it is too similar but I have seen a lot of requests. I’d really like to have Andean bears over basic black bear.
il make a cervid category. I think I have seen many requests for white tailed deer, moose and Roosevelt elk

I don't know about all the species, but overall I think it's a white/black rhino, penguin of some kind, meerkat, and otter of some kind. After that maybe the Amur/African Leopard.

I actually agree with OP's choices for the major groups except canines. Really want to get jackals in the game. I do love foxes though, there's always just other animals i want in those regions more. but getting a red, fennec and arctic fox eventually would be great.

I don't know about all the species, but overall I think it's a white/black rhino, penguin of some kind, meerkat, and otter of some kind. After that maybe the Amur/African Leopard.

I actually agree with OP's choices for the major groups except canines. Really want to get jackals in the game. I do love foxes though, there's always just other animals i want in those regions more. but getting a red, fennec and arctic fox eventually would be great.
I’m personally in favor of Indian Jackal as I posted in my canine thread

Top Bottom