Most essential animal missing in the game

Hello Planet Zoo Developers and Community,

This is my first thread I'm posting on the 'Planet Zoo Forums', I'm planning on becoming an active member on this games forums as I am a super fan of the zoo sim genre games and this game alike. I also love reaching and and interacting with my community and bouncing around ideas. Now for what it is I wanted to discuss was a sorely lacked animal in this game that was present in Frontiers "Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection", and that is African rhinos. It is not only I that is disappointed in the lack of inclusion of this staple zoo animal and iconic animal in general, and was expecting to see it at launch but was underwhelmed by its dismissal. Frontier I ask if you could please consider this animal as it is an ESSENTIAL animal to include in any zoo game, and to go without it would be a huge missed opportunity. I know you can do the black/white rhino models and behavior justice because you nailed it with your "Zoo Tycoons'". I don't care what precedes or follows before or after they get brought in, but as long as it gets its limelight. Consider this a humble request and hopefully a developer can see this because I can speak for the community when I say we NEED these for our zoos. Thank you for reading.

Definitely agreed we definitely need at least one. I prefer both they’re just to popular not to include in game. Both have in game decor in the base game. The Indian rhino is a great choice but a very odd choice to include in the base game vs dlc. But I’m still confident we’ll get one of the two for sure.

There's two animals that are absolute "MUSTS" to be included before the game is done with content. African Rhino (of either species, but at least one) is one of the two. Meerkat would be the other. Ironic, we have an unbalanced amount of animals from Africa, yet, the top two most wanted animals - Are still from Africa. There's more I'd like to see from there but if the developers said they didn't want to do another pack based on the continent, but found a way to get those two in, I personally would be okay with that. But, I'll be very surprised if we don't get an African Rhino at some point, very very surprised.

About that in game decor paul78 mention - I don't know if it's a hint or an easter egg or what, but having the decor but not the animal is a bit weird. I'm not sure what other hints/easter eggs there are beyond that and a sloth poster in a staff room, but maybe we should do a running tab of it.

I'd say a regular Leopard has to end up in the roster or we boycott. Now what subspecies of leopard will be chosen, that's for debate. The Amur Leopard seems likely because of its conservation status and to fill up the Taiga biome a bit, but I wouldn't mind to see the African or Sri Lankan subspecies.

The game is also lacking in ungulates from temperate regions. Any kind of deer, hopefully the Moose, would be a very welcome addition.

I'm not sure what other hints/easter eggs there are beyond that and a sloth poster in a staff room, but maybe we should do a running tab of it.

If I recall correctly there are also dromedary and deer props in the current game yet those animals haven't been added.

I'd say a regular Leopard has to end up in the roster or we boycott. Now what subspecies of leopard will be chosen, that's for debate. The Amur Leopard seems likely because of its conservation status and to fill up the Taiga biome a bit, but I wouldn't mind to see the African or Sri Lankan subspecies.

The game is also lacking in ungulates from temperate regions. Any kind of deer, hopefully the Moose, would be a very welcome addition.

If I recall correctly there are also dromedary and deer props in the current game yet those animals haven't been added.

Oh yes, the deer! I totally forgot about those statues and props. And the dromedary too of course.

I was originally wanting the African Leopard but have been swayed towards the Amur leopard. Either would really be okay with me, but I learned a lot about the Amur leopard and its conservation and zoo history, and now I think I'm leaning more towards that one. But I agree, Moose and Leopard of some type for sure. There was an essential top 10 animals list that popped up after the aquatic DLC, I think in addition to Moose, Meerkat, Rhino and Leopard my thoughts were Sea Lion and Mountain Lion are also quite essential. But I'd still say not as much as the rhino or meerkat.

Top Bottom