Mouse flickering & can't select items. :(

Hi All,

I haven't played for a few months and I now have this very annoying issue.

• As per the title when I move my mouse the cursor constantly flickers on and off.
  • When I mouse over a selection box it changes colour when I initially move the cursor over it and then drops back to the initial colour.
  • I then have to jiggle the mouse while spamming the mouse button to get it to select.
I've already tried the three options for cursor rendering in the graphics options.

EDIT: It works perfectly in the galaxy map.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Not sure if you resolved this...
I recently had the same problem, and fixed it - though my unique circumstances may not apply to you
I have an 'Xbox-type' controller plugged in, solely for the purpose of using the FSS. For all other functions I use keyboard, mouse or joystick.
Recently, when I loaded the game the mouse cursor would flicker and auto-cycle the menus at great speed. I found that this unwanted effect would stop if I just unplugged the 'X-box' controller.
With the X-box controller unplugged I went into options and changed the sensitivity of the x-box controller. This fixed the problem - when I replugged the x-box controller the cursor stopped flickering and I was able to play the game normally.
WARNING: if you also have an x-box controller plugged in, then unplugging it and trying to run the game-save will really muck up your key bindings! If you want to change your key options in this manner, do it from the Loading screen.

Hope this helps!
JJ

Top Bottom