Much Needed Animal Packs for the Game

So here is a couple animal packs I think would go a long way and really sell well on the steam store

South Africa-This pack would bring Penguins, Meerkats, and an African Rhino into the game, not sure too much on building stuff and plants, maybe some fynbos plants? African themes is already a thing
Southern White Rhinoceros
African Penguin (would be great if it could dive, but to be honest they usually just float at the surface, and when my local zoo had them, I saw them in the water like twice in like 10 years.)
Meerkat
a large tall ground bird from the region like Grey-crowned crane/blue crane/secretary bird/Kori Bustard
some exhibit animal, I would go with Black mamba/cape cobra

Australia Pack-there are like no Australian exhibit animals, add in an outback theme building set, and a variety of fern trees/eucalyptus with these animals it would be a beloved expansion
Red Kangaroo
Emu
Tasmanian Devil
Koala

Birds- only 3 birds, despite them out numbering mammals in terms of species, and being very common at zoos, I have broken it into 5 major groups that would make sense, still would add an aviary set and perch system, though all these birds could be exhibited outside an aviary, ultimately 5-6 of these suggestions would be all to really get the bird scene going
crane or stork: Japanese Crane/Sarus Crane/Shoebill Stork/Saddle-billed Stork/Crowned Crane
Bird of Prey (often kept flightless and in open enclosures at zoos, usually vultures are exhibited alongside antelope): Lappet-faced Vulture/Bald Eagle/Golden Eagle
Water birds (something to make pond livley and add an option besides flamingos): Black Swan/Dalmatian Pelican
Ratite: Southern Cassowary
Ground Bird (a bird to be like the peacock but add some species diversity): Helmeted Guineafowl/Himalayan Monal

Extinct Animals- I am not a huge fan of putting extinct animals in but these 4 are currently being considered for de-extinction (quagga have already been brought back through back breeding) and extinct animals would sell. Add in some animatronic dinosaur models (probably like a t-rex, triceratops, maybe stegosaurus) and this would be an awesome set
Dodo
Thylacine
Quagga
Woolly Mammoth

Endangered Species Pack- finally a larger expansion with more animals (7-10), missions, and some in game changes (like artificial insemination, breeding loans, in-situ missions you can send zoo personnel to gain special research) then some endangered flora (more as specimen plants)
I would do an endangered hoofstock species (ideally 2): Scimitar Oryx/Przewalski’s Horse/Saiga
an endangered felid: Amur Leopard/Iberian Lynx/Asiatic Cheetah
an endangered primate (again I wish their could be 2 off the list): Aye-aye/Coquerel’s Sifaka/Lion-tailed Macaque/Francois Langur/Siamang
an endangered ground bird (so many choices this would be another wish it could be 2): Helmeted Curassow/Alagoas Curassow/Edward’s Pheasant/Kagu/Kakapo/Takahe
an endangered vulture species (so vultures are often kept in regular exhibits, and having a discussion about vulture conservation specifically is a really important issue that I would love to see represented in the media): Ruppell’s Vulture/California Condor/Indian Vulture
An endangered crocodilian (yes we do already have the gharial, so that is why I focused more on new world species): Cuban Crocodile/Orinoco Crocodile/Chinese Alligator
finally an endangered exhibit animal: Cayman Blue Iguana/Panamanian Golden Frog/Oahu Tree Snail

The announcement of the Australia pack is very exciting and does change future wish lists
I still think a bird specific pack is a good idea though with the cassowary coming I would change that to the emu, north island brown kiwi, or southern ground hornbill
crane or stork: Japanese Crane/Sarus Crane/Shoebill Stork/Saddle-billed Stork/Crowned Crane
Bird of Prey (often kept flightless and in open enclosures at zoos, usually vultures are exhibited alongside antelope): Lappet-faced Vulture/Bald Eagle/Golden Eagle
Water birds (something to make pond lively and add an option besides flamingos): Black Swan/Dalmatian Pelican
Ratite: emu/north island brown kiwi/southern ground hornbill
Ground Bird (a bird to be like the peacock but add some species diversity): Helmeted Guineafowl/Himalayan Monal

Any way this new back means the only continent now needing much needed biodiversity representation is Europe (yes we still need Antarctic animals, but diving needs to figured out for penguins and seals), so here would be my proposal for a European pack

Europe Pack (a swiss mountain village theme for building)

Alpine Ibex

European Elk (aka Moose)

Iberian Lynx

Great Bustard/Northern Bald Ibis

Horned Viper/Meadow Viper

With that I think Packs should switch to habitat packs, which add new animals from multiple continents and can add further themes like the continent packs have been doing.
Desert Pack (perhaps an adobe southwest US theme, missions highlighting the adaptation of animals to the desert)

A North American Species: Javelina

A South American Species: Humboldt Penguin

A South African Species: Meerkat/South-western Black Rhinoceros

A North African/Middle East Species: Dromedary Camel

An Exhibit Animal: Desert Chameleon or Central Bearded Dragon

Mountain Pack (Himalayan village theme, missions discussing the adaptations to mountainous habitats)

North America: Mountain Lion

Asia: Himalayan Monal/Markhor

Europe: Chamois/Mouflon

South America or Australia: Spectacled Bear/Yellow-footed rock wallaby

Mangshan pit viper

Rainforest Pack (some kind of naturalistic strangler fig theme, new deforestation/rainforest missions)

A species from indonesia: Siamang/North Sulawesi babirusa

A species from South/Central America: Ocelot/Scarlet Macaw

A species from Africa: Red River Hog/Black-and White Colobus

A species from Australia: Matschie’s Kangaroo

Due to lack of indonesian animals a south asian exhibit species: Reticulated Python

Wetland Pack (a swamp theme with worn wood, new missions about the importance of wetlands)

A North American Species: American Alligator

A species from South/Central America: Capybara

A African Species: Shoebill Stork

An Asian species: Pere David’s Deer/Wild Boar

An exhibit animal: Cottonmouth/Mangrove Snake

Like birds you can really never have enough primates, and we do have gaps in popular species

Primate Pack (not sure on a new theme, but plenty more enrichment for primates specifically)

Black-and White Colobus/Purus red howler

Hamadras Baboon

Black-and-white ruffed Lemur/coquerel's Sifaka/Aye-aye

Siamang/Yellow-cheeked Gibbon

This is a final pack I though might be interesting to add some more unusual animals into the game.
Weird Animals (I don’t think this pack would require any more foliage or themes, maybe some carnivorous plants, so maybe an extra animal?)

Aye-aye

Tasmanian Devil

Saiga

North Sulawesi babirusa

maned wolf

Spider-tailed horned Viper/Jackson’s Chameleon

Top Bottom