Multi Button Problem

Was trying to get another player into Elite tonight. Playing for the first time in a few weeks. I noticed that all my binds that require a multi-button press now no longer work. Or rather they do work once, then the game appears to register a new button press on one of them as if I have pressed them again despite never having lifted a finger off them. Is this new? Is this a known bug since the last update? Or is my HOTAS broken.

It is happening on multiple different binds. I am now unable to retract landing gear without boosting at the same time or cycling through targets as it will just cycle the next target then register my held down button as a new press directly afterwards.

It never used to do this.

Am I the only one that has encountered this problem or are other aware of it. This'll help me narrow down if it's my hardware or the game software. I've played over 5k hours in this game and haven't changed any bindings since the last update. My working hypothesis is that it's either A. - A problem with my hardware or B. - the new support for more than 32 button controllers they introduced that has somehow screwed up how Elite is now reading inputs.

Looking for input from others that use multi buttons on a HOTAS. Thanks in advance.

you made me think ,i just upgraded my graphics card,and formatted my pc for a fresh set up. lost my custom set up so am re- setting binding from memory and my notes,key bindings seem to work so far but havnt realy checked for multi key binds but so far they must be working as the fss binds are on the same keys as is my srv,could be a you problem, but good luck getting sorted,it is a PIA when goes wrong.

This?

That has never worked on PC. You can use a modifier button but if that modifier is also a bind it will activate. Has worked that way for me since beta. I know they had special binds for consoles where that worked but it's never worked for me on PC.

That has never worked on PC. You can use a modifier button but if that modifier is also a bind it will activate. Has worked that way for me since beta. I know they had special binds for consoles where that worked but it's never worked for me on PC.
That bind has always worked for me since coming to PC for about 2 or 3 years now.

With a little more testing it seems that my button presses are tied to how quickly that crosshair appears. If it appears I don't get the multiple inputs and it behaves normally but there seems to be a delay on that crosshair appearing now. The crosshair that brings up the multi button bind that is.

This?

Omg thank you yes... It appears lots of others with the thrustmaster are having the same problem. Many thanks!!!

That bind has always worked for me since coming to PC for about 2 or 3 years now.

With a little more testing it seems that my button presses are tied to how quickly that crosshair appears. If it appears I don't get the multiple inputs and it behaves normally but there seems to be a delay on that crosshair appearing now. The crosshair that brings up the multi button bind that is.

Same. Only after a recent update (18.02 maybe ?) its started doing this. Face planting the back of a station while deploying landing gear isnt fun. Hopefully it will be patched today.

Is there a patch due today? I'm clueless but hopeful if it is. Needs fixing pronto!

Top Bottom