My Favorite Unique Sauropods

Here are my favorite sauropods of all time. I think they're all unique in their own special way not to mention they all look cool better than the hybrid Ankylodocus in the current game I think.

1. AMPELOSAURUS=49.ft in length-EUROPE
Ampelosaurus (1).jpg

2. AMARGASAURUS=33.ft in length-SOUTH AMERICA
Amargasaurus(1).jpg

3. SHUNOSAURUS=31.ft in length-CHINA
Shunosaurus(2).jpg

4. AGUSTINIA=42.ft in length-SOUTH AMERICA
786.jpg

5. ALAMOSAURUS(Canon)=98.ft in length-NORTH AMERICA
alamosaurusby_pheaston(1).jpg

6. SUPERSAURUS=100-110.ft in length-NORTH AMERICA+EUROPE
13eb4af35034b99-a-nw-p.jpg

7. SALTASAURUS=42.ft in length-SOUTH AMERICA
saltasaurusAB-56a252bb3df78cf7727469bb (1).jpg

8. NIGERSAURUS: 30.ft in length-AFRICA
1554230761647.png

9. LIMAYSAURUS: 49.ft in length-SOUTH AMERICA
21e1f0787860249b6edb674c51351678.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite of the bunch is the Amargasaurus, what it lacks in size it makes up for it with it's spine display.

Have you heard of the Nigersaurus? It is ridiculously small, but it has an amazing head structure, its like a hoover!

Beat me to the punch.

Well, in any case, here's my list of sauropods I think could - and should - be added to the game. Whether or not they are depends on Frontier and Universal's plans for the future, but I think these would all make for interesting additions to the game:

10) Lessemsaurus: At an estimated 30ft (9.1m) long, this Late Triassic sauropod would make an excellent addition to a Triassic Pack, should one be ever developed, and never hurts to add more "mid-sized" sauropods to the game. At present, it's only known from a few vertebrae, but a lack of complete fossil material hasn't stopped the devs before, right?

9) Rhoetosaurus : Another sauropod known from only a few remains, it's also one of a few species found in Australia, and we can always use more dinosaurs from "The Land Down Under." At about 17m (55ft) long and 4m (13ft) at the hip, it would probably be a mid-range sauropod in the game; larger than Apatosaurus and Diplodocus, but smaller than even Camarasaurus.

8) Amargasaurus: Why this "spiky boi" hasn't been even considered by the devs, I will never know. But this 10m (33ft) sauropod would be a welcome addition to the list of South American fauna to the game, which we all known could use a boost.

7) Saltasaurus: On half of the reason I felt the Ankylodocus hybrid in the game was redundant. At 8.5-12.8m (28-42ft) in length, it'd be comparatively smaller than the in-game sauropods, even Apatosaurus, but the osteoderms along Saltasaurus' back would make a unique looking addition, especially alongside the aforementioned Amargasaurus. Plus its smaller size could mean a lower price and quicker incubation for players.

6) Shunosaurus: The other reason I felt the addition of Ankylodocus was redundant. At 11.5m (36ft) in length, this club tailed sauropod wouldn't be as large as even the smallest of the current collection of in-game sauropods, but a smaller size could mean lower cost and less time for incubation, which could be attractive to players, while the club would make it unique among the regular sauropods.

5) Cetiosaurus: Arguably the first sauropod discovered by science and the most complete one found in the UK, and we could always use a few more European dinosaurs. This sauropod would have grown to about 16m (52ft) long and could be added to "English" exhibits alongside Baryonyx, Polacanthus, Metriacanthosaurus and Iguanodon.

4) Nigersaurus: As Pixelated Sparkster pointed out, at 9m (30ft) long, this African sauropod wouldn't be considered one of the largest, but with a head shaped like a vacuum hose attachment, it would certainly be one of the more unique in appearance. And we could use more African herbivores than just Kentrosaurus.

3) Europasaurus: If some of the sauropods I've already mentioned seem a bit on the "small size," at least by sauropod standards, then this sauropod would be considered absolutely puny! With adults estimated to have grown up to 6.2m (20ft) long and weighing around only 907kg (2000lb), Europasaurus's small size is believed to be a result of the island(s) it lived on at the time, as mainland Europe (including Germany, where it was found) was little more than an archipelago during the period it lived. If you ever wanted a sauropod that would be perfect for a petting zoo, this would be one of them.

2) Magyarosaurus: Another sauropod that would be perfect for adding to a petting zoo; you just have to make sure they were bred not to bite! About the same size as the aforementioned Europasaurus (6m (20ft) long and around 1.1metric tons (1.2 short tons)), this sauropod from Late Cretaceous Romania would be considered puny by sauropod standards, but an attractive purchase for players on a budget, depending how much time and cost Frontier decided this animal would take.

1) Brontosaurus: 2015 brought Brontosaurus back out from under the shadow of Apatosaurus, and it could be time for the original "thunder lizard" to shine again. At 22m (72ft) long, it would be around the same size as the in-game Apatosaurus (maybe a little smaller), and the name alone could give the animal a boost in its base ratings. It's similarities with Apatosaurus, however (a major reason it was classified as a the latter for over a century) might make this sauropod the one most unlikely to be implemented. Although, if Frontier can make Deinonychus look different from Velociraptor (considering the latter is basically the former IRL), they could probably do something similar between Apatosaurus and Brontosaurus.

Great list

I would personally love to see more horizontally necked sauropods like Rebbachisaurus, Barosaurus, and Supersaurus.

Ingentia prima would also be very cool with it’s massive size if they delve into prosauropods

Top Bottom