Claires Sanctuary: 7\10
img.png

Herbavore Pack: 6\10
apps.47600.14526105630662179.4af653bf-9588-4c46-ac87-1770db8e139b (1).jpeg

Return To Jurassic Park: 10\10
Jurassic-World-Evolution-Return-to-Jurassic-Park6.jpg

Last edited:
Base Game 8/10
-A more than worthy successor to JPOG. Park building and management could have been more complex, but honestly I didn't have time for that until after I got too good at the disaster survival mechanics sometime around 80-100 hrs playtime. If they had just made "Planet Coaster with dinosaurs" that have been a great game too, but JWE mixing in the IP appropriate chaos to keep you busy was definitely a winner. I can't put 650+ hrs into this game and then tell you they didn't find a great formula. A 9/10 would've required more skins for buildings, vehicles, and terrain tools, including more precise tools. What's needed for a 10/10 would prabably need it's own post, but TLDR the love child of JWE's chaos theme disaster response mechanics with Planet Zoo's management depth and a decent list of nit-picks that I won't enumerate here.

Story DLC
Secrets of Dr. Wu 6/10
-I'm not the biggest fan of hybrids generally, but they fit with the theme of JP which escalated in the JW films. The story working for Dr. Wu's intrigues left me wanting the next chapter (which unfortunately never came). All the new dinos were great adds, but Ankylodocus not being able to use it's tail club in a fight seems like a big miss (it also seems unnaturally stiff when moving, especially turning). The new maps were fine: (like Matenceros and Nublar) the terrain around Muerta East makes it seem like a smaller area than it really is, but the tiny Tacano base was actually a lot of fun for the purpose it served.
Claire's Sanctuary 8/10
-Great story. Loved the new dinosaurs (even though I find myself rarely using Albertosaurus elsewhere). I usually avoid the common "make maps bigger" complaint, but here more than anywhere else called for maps you could get lost in; Sancuary especially felt too much like a suburban ranch rather than the free range paradise talked about in the film.
Return to Jurassic Park 9/10
-JPOG 2. The story campaign JPOG never had. Eat your heart out JPOG fanbois who irrationally hate JWE. The new Sorna map was interesting but a weird choice when big and open would've made more sense. The new Nublar was chef's kiss everything many other maps should've been. Film skins were cool. Aviary was dope. Props for finally pulling the trigger on adding Compies.

Dino Packs (and dinos added in Free Updates) 5/5
-The only post launch dino added that I felt disappointed in was Ankylodocus from Dr. Wu. Other than than that my only complaint could be who wasn't added in the last 2+ years rather than who was. I could pour over the list and find a couple additions I wouldn't miss in exchange for Microceratops and Utahraptor, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Top Bottom