Newcomer / Intro My SRV run out of fuel ?

My SRV run out of fuel ( I guess ), and cannot be refueled while entering the ship
Now when I deploy I see low oxygen 5 minute counter....
What is going on ?

Just an AYKB.*
As with the ships the SRV uses the fuel to generate the power for all systems, so no fuel = no power to life support which is why the OP saw the 5 minutes of Oxygen remaining counter, again docking at a station or synthesis in the ship will reset that.
The SRV fuel synthesis can only be done in that SRV, I am not sure if the life support can be done there as well as I haven't looked.

*As You Know Bob.

Thank you guys! I did not realized that
I just logged out when I was in SRV sitting on planet surface right beside the Ship ( before latest update ) and logged-in yesterday.
I thought that fuel is used only when moving :)

Thank you guys! I did not realized that
I just logged out when I was in SRV sitting on planet surface right beside the Ship ( before latest update ) and logged-in yesterday.
I thought that fuel is used only when moving :)
The fuel is not used when you're logged out, though. So it must have been something else.
Perhaps you were just about to run out before you've logged out.

Unless you are doing things in your SRV that involve people shooting at it don't bother with shields they don't really help with crashes so are a waste of power/fuel.

As @Chris Simon says logging out to the main menu (the one starting with Continue) or desktop stops all fuel use in the SRV or ship going to the menu starting with Resume is the same as just walking away from your computer the game is still running and fuel is burning.

There is no such thing as Pause in ED.

Than something bugged out.
I was just kept it parked beside the ship before latest patch, was just poking around crash site for few minutes. Got bored, logged out.
Then 3 weeks later, this happened.

I've noticed when you're driving the SRV it's now not showing the fuel gauge going down to let you know it needs refuelling and most likely why you ran out of fuel (unknowingly) and got the 5 min Oxygen counter started. There seems to be a bug now with Horizons not showing the fuel gauge on SVG going down, and you only spot how much fuel is left when you dock back with the ship. Just had same issue and Oxygen counter started and when I made it docking back with ship, it showed 0% fuel on SRV - but before docking it said 100% fuel

And Yes, I know how to refuel and repair the SRV while driving around. That is not the issue, I didn't think fuel was the issue causing it to happen because it showed 100% full.

The Damage counter on the SVG is working okay, but the Fuel counter is not and always shows 100% fuel left. Just been driving around on a planet in the SVG for ages (and noticed it before) that the fuel guage is always showing 100% - when it should have dropped with the amount of time just spent driving around a planet shooting rocks and picking up resources.

I've not played for months and only installed the game fresh 2 days ago and noticed it happening now.

Last edited:
[clip]

The Damage counter on the SVG is working okay, but the Fuel counter is not and always shows 100% fuel left. Just been driving around on a planet in the SVG for ages (and noticed it before) that the fuel guage is always showing 100% - when it should have dropped with the amount of time just spent driving around a planet shooting rocks and picking up resources.

I've not played for months and only installed the game fresh 2 days ago and noticed it happening now.
That is true. I recently went SRV-ing and got a fuel reserve notification. When going to the lower panel, it still shows 100%. Uh oh... 🐞

(Horizons)

How do you get materials for fuel synthesis if you're not allowed to drive withough materials for fuel synthesis? :p
Get them as your first driving "event". Before you run out of fuel. Since your SRV is refuelled every time you dock at a station/settlement, it's not hard.
It's like getting credits for rebuy before you buy a new ship...

Top Bottom