My Top 10 favorite Carnivorous Dinosaurs of Paleontology

And of all the dinosaurs I'm so interested in this was a hard list to put together I'm deciding what dinosaurs I enjoy learning about in paleontology and I hope you all enjoy this list and I would be eager to hear your top 10 carnivorous dinosaur list in the comments down below.🙂

1. ACROCANTHOSAURUS: I guess most of you are wondering why this dinosaur instead of T-Rex well most people would say tyrannosaurus rex as their number one favorite carnivorous dinosaur but for me this is the first dinosaur I ever learned about when I was a kid and since I'm from Texas this is my favorite dinosaur of all considered the Spinosaurus of North America I really enjoy learning as much as I can about this dinosaur.
cropped-12.jpeg

2. CRYOLOPHOSAURUS: a relative of Dilophosaurus I really enjoyed learning about this particular dinosaur because wow it's just so unique and I really adore this dinosaur and I definitely had a hard choice between Cryolophosaurus and it's close cousin monolophosaurus and of course I narrowed it down to CRYOLOPHOSAURUS since this animal was the first Arctic dinosaur I ever learned about in high school.
Cryolophosaurus_3f9e.jpg

3. TYRANNOTITAN: well let's just say I really enjoy this dinosaur because it's the oldest among its Brethren ever found in South America since Tyrannotitan is considered to be rivaling the T-Rex when it comes to size in South America it may be slightly smaller than its relatives in South America but I still think this is an awesome dinosaur to learn about for anybody interested in South America dinosaurs.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652...jpeg

4. TORVOSAURUS: The largest of all the Megalosaurs of its kind this dinosaur was even bigger than Allosaurus and even the European specimens proved to be much bigger than their North American counterparts which makes this dinosaur a fascinating species to learn about and was even labeled the T-Rex of the Jurassic period and what was also fascinating is that it shared its environment with Allosaurus Ceratosaurus and possibly saurophaganax, how these carnivorous dinosaurs coexist it is beyond paleontologist. and I really recommend anybody interested in learning about this animal to check out the history of its Discovery if interested.
437_torvosaurus_sergey_krasovskiy.jpg

5. CONCAVENATOR: interesting member of the shark tooth lizard Family it's interesting and unique feature is its hump between back and tail vertebrae when I first heard about this dinosaur I was fascinated how this animal Hunted during its time and what it used it's hump for some paleontologists estimate it was even possibly used to preserve water like a camel others believe that it was used for mating display. pretty cool dinosaur even if it was only 20-23 ft in length
concavenatorRM-56a253de5f9b58b7d0c91854.jpg

6. ALBERTOSAURUS: out of all its relatives Albertosaurus I'd have to say is the best known other than T-Rex and also the second most famous member of the Tyrannosaur family it has to be the most interesting considering it's not exactly related to T-Rex but close and it was the largest carnivore during its time at 33 feet in length no other carnivore rivaled Albertosaurus in size.
joshua-dunlop-albertosaurus-black-boarders.jpg

7. TYRANNOSAURUS REX: the most famous and now consider to be the largest carnivore that ever existed thanks to the discovery of Scotty in Canada at 50 feet this animal truly was the Tyrant King of all dinosaurs, and this is the most well understood out of all the carnivorous dinosaurs I have to admit T-Rex holds a special place in my heart thanks to the Jurassic Park franchise.
Tyrannosaurus_walking.jpg

8. UTAHRAPTOR: probably the largest of all the dromaeosaurus at 23 ft in length no other dromaeosaur beats this dinosaur who is now the king of its kind and probably the only one capable of killing a Tyrannosaurus Rex, in fact ironically even though the Velociraptor in Jurassic Park and Jurassic World it's a completely fictional creature the Utahraptor was found around the same time that the first movie Jurassic Park premiered at cinemas and is of course my favorite among the dromaeosaurus family.
utahraptorSK_c0aa.jpg

9. SUCHOMIMUS: my favorites among the Spinosaurus members of the family this animal proves to be quite unique as one of the most interesting of the fish eating dinosaurs after Spinosaurus, when I learned about this I considered it to be the African variant of the European Baryonyx.
such.jpg

10. AUSTRORAPTOR: the largest dromaeosaur found in the southern hemisphere in South America this dinosaur is quite unique and like Spinosaurus mini paleontologist believe that this dinosaur may have hunted not just dinosaur flesh but also may have been a fish eating dinosaur making this animal even more unique than its close relatives.
dino_austroraptor_bc7e.jpg

I really enjoyed putting this list together on my favorite carnivorous dinosaurs and paleontology is very hard to putting all my favorite carnivores in one list and I hope you enjoyed looking in Reading at this list and I would love to hear your top 10 carnivore list in the comments down below, I've been a fan of this franchise since it was announced back in 2018 and I'll continue to look forward to the future for Jurassic world Evolution and I still continue to have fun playing this game and I hope most of these dinosaurs I put down and discuss about will be included in the near future of this game.

Last edited:
For me the T-Rex will always be my number one and it has all to do with Jurassic Park and Walking with Dinosaurs.
Second place again because of JP is the Velociraptor.
Third comes the Acrocanthosaurus and this is mainly because of JWE, I really love how they made this dinosaur.
I'm only going to stick to a top three, because no matter what, I love them all but these three are my favorite ones.

For me the T-Rex will always be my number one and it has all to do with Jurassic Park and Walking with Dinosaurs.
Second place again because of JP is the Velociraptor.
Third comes the Acrocanthosaurus and this is mainly because of JWE, I really love how they made this dinosaur.
I'm only going to stick to a top three, because no matter what, I love them all but these three are my favorite ones.
Yeah that's pretty Awesome, well Acrocanthosaurus when it came in the carnivore pack I was excited and at the same time needed to take a breather. Yeah I love Velociraptor all I wish it had brighter skins though in the game although I'm still looking forward to what new skins Frontier will throw at us, hoping they'll include skins for the Velociraptor like....Rainforest, Taiga, Woodland, And Jungle skins.

Last edited:
For me, the T Rex. That dinosaur is my childhood lol.

My second and third changes constantly. The Spinosaurus (JP style) is really starting to captivate me. That thing just looks so unfriendly.

Top Bottom