Engineers Need to develop network with 5 black markets

One of the engineers I want to deal with says I need to develop a network with 5 black markets. I've never dealt with any black markets. What do I need to do? Thanks

One of the engineers I want to deal with says I need to develop a network with 5 black markets. I've never dealt with any black markets. What do I need to do? Thanks

just sell illegal/stolen goods at a black market: slaves, battle weapons, narcotics , ...

you can check what goods are illegal and where to get them in the system map and trade info. you can also scoop up illegal cargo or pirate it yourself.

good luck and dont get scanned on your way into the station :)

Last edited:
Piracy, illegal salvage, sell those in black markets... That should do it I think, I imagine you'd have to sell specific amounts in 5 different black markets and you're set.

Black markets are noted in Station Services in the system map

So long as you sell 1 ton it is added to your network

Salvage from space might be the easiest way

It's a long time since I unlocked The Dweller and can't remember if it's 5 markets in 5 separate systems or if you can use 2 or 3 markets in one system.

Anybody have a memory that works? 🙃

Ok, I have now satisfied myself at least that currently, The Dweller requires 5 sales of illegal goods at 5 different Black Markets.
They do NOT have to be in separate systems or even separate jurisdictions since I have complete 3 sales at three Black Markets in the same system and same jurisdiction.
I have also tried changing play modes and that did not net me any extra sales toward the unlock.

After my last post I spent several hours looking for more black markets close to the System (HIMANG 25/25 elements) I am in doing surface prospecting. Found one about 32LY with 2 BM though one is currently DISABLED.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about how often BM's become active??

Some Powers close the markets, if I remember correct Avril Lavigni-Duval and Yuri Grom. If you are in their area of influence you should leave. While there are more black markets under Archon Delaine there are less (if any) comodities illegal.

I don't remember where I went. I just loaded some weapons and searched for a few small stations with a black market in the bubble.

I took a boom transport mission. Got 5 cargo of the contract. Quit the contract and then sold each item at a different black market using https://eddb.io/station. Fairly simple and straight forward, especially since I was at sothis/ceos and there were lots of black markets.

Well. Think I will wing my two ships up. Jump to the system with the 2 Black Markets and hope the 2nd one becomes active so I can get the 2 sales for the ship that needs them.
Failing that, I will plot a short jump course through only systems that have anarchy but are populated, so I have a better chance of finding a Black Market, to a system where there is Antimony 1.0/34.3, Yttrium 2.1/100 and Technetium 1.2/100 to finish my surface prospecting.

I will plot a short jump course through only systems that have anarchy but are populated, so I have a better chance of finding a Black Market

Found a BM in the second system. Have the invitation to The Dweller..

I'm trying to do this, but it doesn't work. I can access black markets, I have stolen goods in my cargo but I still can't sell anything. What am I doing wrong?

Purchase five or six black market (illegal) items. Go to five different black markets and sell one item at each black market. You have now traded at five black markets.

I was under the impression stolen goods can be sold on black markets as well? Or what would I do with those stolen goods instead?

I'll try illegal goods later - but people have been recommending accepting a courier mission, taking 5 tons of stuff, abort and sell the now stolen goods. Is that no longer working?

Yes these should be anarchy system I think. Stations here should have these markets and they should dislike clean cmdrs.

Special pirate missions should spawn at these places

I was under the impression stolen goods can be sold on black markets as well? Or what would I do with those stolen goods instead?

I'll try illegal goods later - but people have been recommending accepting a courier mission, taking 5 tons of stuff, abort and sell the now stolen goods. Is that no longer working?
Read my saga above. I just picked up illegal salvage on planets in a system that had BM's and dived in a sold it at the BM. As I understand it aborting a paid mission gets you bad karma someplace. Yes. the Galaxy is a big place, but I don't want bad karma.
Someone suggested anarchy systems,, again, read above how I did that.

Top Bottom