New ARX store item, carrier 'Service Art'

The 'Service Art' would be completely artistic fillers for one or more of the 4 services that can be accessed on foot inside a carrier: genomics, bartender, shipyard and pioneer supplies. The new items would fill these same spots with artistic items to make the ship feel more alive and active when the carrier owner did not have those slots filled with actual service modules. The Service Art would: have at least 1 npc in them, be of at least four types, take up no cargo space, require no upkeep, perform no task and be added and removed using the existing carrier management rules.

Example: art gallery (some art and 1 or 2 NPCs admiring them).

Example: Gaming Center (two NPCs sit opposite one another across a checkerboard type image made up of 5 different color checkerboard boxes. Each player has a small panel in front of them on their side of the game table. After some time one of the two players touches their panel and an animation plays and one square on the board changes color. This continues indefinitely, each player taking turns respectively.

Example: Fitness Center (shows treadmill, some free weights, jump ropes etc and one or two people in poses stressing they have already worked out. (sitting with head facing down, elbows on knees, towel across back of neck, etc.

Example: Crew Breakroom (hot and cold beverage containers, table, cupboards with semi-transparent glass showing the silhouettes of food and drink items (thus avoiding excess art time producing the image of each food or drink item separately) and 1 - 4 people sitting at table or a random chair taking a break)

Example: Reflection Garden: has various plants and 1-2 people relaxing and there would be a viewing area of a small statue of Cmdr Raedawn (okay, okay, okay, some random mythological type statue then!)

P.S. If you use this type of idea would it not seem appropriate that a certain someone get at least the initial offerings of such Service Art free for her carrier.

Last edited:
Example: Fitness Center (shows treadmill, some free weights, jump ropes etc and one or two people in poses stressing they have already worked out. (sitting with head facing down, elbows on knees, towel across back of neck, etc.
Interesting.
Could be implemented as a commander training for ground actions. More time in Fitness Center, you move faster, jump more etc :)

Yeah, it's not like those closed doors haven't been mentioned before. They said they "might look at it" back then. Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, it's not like those closed doors haven't been mentioned before. They said they "might look at it" back then. Don't hold your breath.

Yep, I asked for it quite a while back, wanted a filler for those empty rooms, like a arborium or maybe even a display area for various scanned bios, nothing has happened so far but one mustn't despair I suppose.

Ha, I didn't even ask for that much. And empty room with some crates or cargo was what I said was better than those permanently closed doors that serve no purpose except to tell you there's a service unequipped.

Ha, I didn't even ask for that much. And empty room with some crates or cargo was what I said was better than those permanently closed doors that serve no purpose except to tell you there's a service unequipped.

Those closed doors miff me enough so i had to have all services installed in my carrier. The bill is hefty, but no locked doors.

But, yes - some carrier interior customization are long due.

No free weights or jump ropes until we have artificial gravity but there are lots of exercise machines that would work.

I like this idea a lot.

Ideally there should be more room types than available spaces in the carrier and different styles for each type of room, that way there would be a lot more individuality possible and more sales opportunities.

No free weights or jump ropes until we have artificial gravity but there are lots of exercise machines that would work.

I like this idea a lot.

Ideally there should be more room types than available spaces in the carrier and different styles for each type of room, that way there would be a lot more individuality possible and more sales opportunities.
I agree more would be better i was just trying for some restraint in order to get at least some made.

I figured that someone might have mentioned it before but I guessed (perhaps incorrectly) that the ARK store to pay for the work hours and turn a profit would help sell the proposal to game Devs and CFOs might not have been included in past appeals for this change.

Back
Top Bottom