New Player just starting-Looking for a squadron that is willing to teach and guide

So I just picked up Elite Dangerous over the weekend, and I gotta say......this game is amazing. Currently I've only just done some courier missions to gain some quick income (just bought my first Adder), but I am looking to branch out and try well everything/anything. I know I could watch 10 hours of YouTube tutorial videos, but I want to experience this game with the community and not from just videos! And just to show that I am all in on this game, I just ordered a a T.16000M FSC Hotas (It will be here in 4 days!!!!). So I am just looking for a friendly squadron that doesn't mind me asking questions. I am open to using any additional 3rd party communication and resource programs to assist in the mission!!

Welcome to Elite DangerousCommander Stubbz06
Let me introduce you to the Alliance Rapid-reaction Corps. (ARRC for short)

Our group is fairly active and has Commanders from all over Europe and a few in the USA.
We have been a lively Player Minor Faction since the Kicks Starter days so you have no fears regarding us dying out any time soon

If you want to get help , advice and company you could do worse than pop into our Discord and take a look around,
If nothing else we can steer you with good advice on exploration builds etc, and give you a place to chat with other commanders when you feel the need for a bit of company.

We currently have more than 6 carriers for various puposes including collecting new players from the starter systems.

You are not required to join our player faction but if you do then you should know.
We don't have a lot of rules, and what we have you can read and understand in a few minutes.
Reading and agreeing to them is our only entry requirement. We also insist you take a little time to get to know us before joining.

We are a possibly one of the friendliest, medium sized Player Minor Factions. We are a well established group of about 40-60 players with a presence in over 30 of the "Old Worlds"
Our base of operations is in our home system of Zaonce, Ridley Scott station.
The home of the Zaonce Fleet and the Bank of Zaonce.
Our systems include Arque, the home of Professor Palin and Tionisla, where the famous Ships Graveyard is reputed to bear permanent monument to many a brave pilot.

Time zone is GMT UK but we have a few American players and are to be found online pretty much any time.
We are actively seeking Console players, and players in the US to boost our US, PS4 and Xbox divisions.

Most of all we know a lot about the game and the best ways to quickly attain your goals.

We really don't mind who you are or where you come from. If you want to be our friends and allies then you will be.
Better still. Why not join us?

A lot of us were here in '84 and as far as game play goes we moslty bimble about engaging in pretty much whatever comes to mind.

Our activities include PVE exploration
PvP in Arque protecting commanders looking for Prof. Palin against gank squads.
PvP in a training group called "Fighter Club" (See my signature. No membership required)
Thargoid hunting in the Pleiades
Racing SLFs, SRVs and other vehicles in odd and remote locations
Driving SRVs into space stations...

Well you get the idea. Pretty much anything that's fun.
Join our forum thread and lend us your ideas.

Background Simulation or Powerplay?
Yes we also involve ourselves in the Background Simulation and Powerplay aspects of the game. Flipping systems for the Alliance, fighting to keep or control systems etc.

You pretty much couldn't find a more friendly bunch of commanders with an eye for fun and a taste for adventure always on the lookout for new and exciting things to try.

Come along and give us a go. Join our Discord channel or the Fighter Club thread, or you could apply on INARA where you will find our Faction page.

o7

Last edited:
Greetings Commander Stubbz06,

The Nova Navy might be what you are looking for. We are the squadron attached to the Frontier-made faction; Nova Imperium.

Our main aspect of gameplay is supporting our faction and pushing the storyline, but we also understand that this is a game in the end, which means that our focus on having a friendly and tight community is also properly established throughout the squadron.To that extend, we welcome new players with open arms. We feature a database in our discord channel, with all the tools, guides other and know-how that make your day easier. Aside from that, we also will answer your questions personally should you have any.

For more details about the Nova Navy, I recommend you check out our recruitment thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/join-the-nova-navy-nova-imperiums-naval-arm.548499/

Should you have any questions, please do ask here, or send me a private message, so that we can converse 1-on-1.

Sincerely yours,

Welcome CMDR Stubbz!

You certainly have come to the right place to find a friendly squadron to help guide and tutor you. The 2 squadrons above are certainly great options and I can offer a third option. My advice though, don’t rush to make a decision!

I am a member of the squadron Angels of Death! Our recruitment thread is here; https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...n-game-faction-pvp-no-murder-griefing.507112/
We are a chilled group of mature CMDR’s and make a lot of time for our new members, every week we have recruits, just like you, who are still in the starter zone. We offer advice, 1-to-1 tutoring, or even bank rolling your first few ships! We give as much or as little assistance as you want! We do everything in groups, whether you want to go mining or experience combat through bounty hunting for the first time! We have experts on ship builds and every other aspect of this game and Galaxy! Every week we are doing group events, with the majority tailored so that even the greenest of pilots can get involved. Just take a look through the comments on our recruitment thread to see the shenanigans we get up too!

Hope you find a good home CMDR! Wherever that may be! o7

Sometimes I think some of us have an alarm set to tell us when someone posts a new thread in the groups forum. If so, please tell me how to do it so I can beat Dharrch once in a while :cool:

Another Alliance group.
We have people doing everything - and doing it with a purpose.
Plus we have medals - oooooooh

Sometimes I think some of us have an alarm set to tell us when someone posts a new thread in the groups forum. If so, please tell me how to do it so I can beat Dharrch once in a while :cool:

Another Alliance group.
We have people doing everything - and doing it with a purpose.
Plus we have medals - oooooooh

There is a button that says ‘Watch’ at top of megathread! Click it and you will get an email every time someone makes a new post 😁

bwlogogreen400.png
Join us because our logo is sharp af.

Or join us because we're a fun group of players doing lots of cool stuff ingame.

Check out our Inara page and if it sounds fun to you, click the Discord link on the page :)

Top Bottom